Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Eimear
Curious June 2018 British Columbia

Hanging Decor

Eimear, on May 7, 2018 at 15:41 Posted in DIY 0 10

Hi ladies, we are 5 weeks out from our wedding and I am having anxiety regarding the décor and how everything is going to work. Our venue is very strict regarding pins and hooks. So far we have masking tape and fishing wire. I have no idea how this will neatly hang all of our décor and lights.

10 Comments

Latest activity by Eimear, on May 10, 2018 at 11:08
  • Eimear
    Eimear ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I know what I will be purchasing this weekend!! Thank you!

• Jane
    Frequent user July 2018 British Columbia
    Jane ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Another vote for command hooks! We use them in our apartment ( we have LOTS) of art and done want to turn them into Swiss cheese. They work great!
    Depending on what you need to hang/ affix, adhesive velcro is great too. But there is a velcro like product from command, it holds more weight than the hooks per pack something like 16lbs
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Command hooks definitely sound like a good idea. Glad to hear you already had the foresight to try out the masking tape beforehand!

• Eimear
    Eimear ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I have my backdrop hanging on one of our walls with 3 pieces of tape it has been sitting there since Sunday so that is a good start. It is just made from wool and paper but I hope to add curtain lights to it too so the command hooks may be better.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'd suggest doing a test run with hanging the décor at your home to see how it will withstand the masking tape. Good luck with it, I honestly have no advice for how to go about DIY décor.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would use packing tape or some other clear tape versus masking tape. I would also suggest removable wall hooks (such as 3M or Command). You can also try double-sided tape or sticky putty.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Command hooks are great--just make sure you get the ones that say something along the lines of doesn't peel paint. And, when you remove them, still do it gently!

We are also using T-bar hooks for our ceiling. It's one of the ceilings like this:

And the hooks just hang like this:

$_35.JPG?set_id=8800005007

• Andie
    Expert May 2019 Ontario
    Andie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Try command hooks! They literally leave nothing behind when you remove them! Hopefully they would be cool with that
  • Eimear
    Eimear ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We do have a day of coordinator who will be putting up the décor and our walk through is next Monday so I can discuss it further then. It is just something that I forgot to think about until now.

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Will you be doing your own decor or have you hired a team to help set up? Ask for a meeting with the venue coordinator to ask what they would suggest for hanging your items up. If you have a team they have likely worked at your venue site or will know different tips and tricks on how to hang everything safely.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics