Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Chandra
Newbie June 2021 Ontario

Hall Problems

Chandra, on August 21, 2020 at 09:37 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 7
Has any Covid affected bride had to cancel their original vendor and has had trouble getting the deposit back. You're canceling because of covid.

7 Comments

Latest activity by Hank, on August 21, 2020 at 18:14
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Try calling with a different number then the one you've been using or private.

• Chandra
    Newbie June 2021 Ontario
    Chandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah they are operating. I know they are answering the phones as I got a girlfriend of mine to call to see if they would answer her. They did, and then I called right after and they didn't pick up. I was in contact with them until i mentioned getting money back, then they stopped returning any sort of communication
  • Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Are they operational right now? I would call them during regular hours. Maybe the person you're dealing with is laid off and the team never received your messages (stupid, but possible). Give them one more chance and note the numerous instances you've tried to reach them but no response.

• Chandra
    Newbie June 2021 Ontario
    Chandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    They stopped replying to all our emails. We have other deposits with other vendors and they can't accommodate any of the same dates.
  • Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think it also depends on how and why you're cancelling. Have they offered you a comparable alternative date that you rejected?

• Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Your best bet is to speak with a lawyer/paralegal about how you can get the best for your situation. Covid has frustrates everyone’s contracts which is why these situations are occurring.
  • Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Chandra,
    I have heard of A LOT of Brides having troubles. I have been blessed enough to not encounter this, but I do know a lot of venues will not give deposits back and even vendors are doing the same, as they were "relying" on that income so now they can't afford to return it.
    I personally understand both sides of the situation, but I would definitely going down fighting for my money back.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics