Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Anna
Beginner March 2024 Ontario

Hair Trial vs Wedding Day

Anna, on September 18, 2024 at 14:30 Posted in Beauty 0 1

Hello everyone! Finally my big day has come and gone and I'm so relieved and happy. However, I wanted some input from you on the following matter, please and thank you. I did a hair trial which was not cheap(!) in May and was so so happy with my hair, on the day of my wedding in Sept 2024 the hairdresser, in my opinion, did a different look I was not really happy with. She began my hair a bit after 9am and finished at 12:45pm, she would've been done at 12:30pm had I not asked her to fix my hair. When she finished and I saw what she did I almost balled my eyes out bc in my opinion it was NOT what I wanted. Not only did I email her a long letter about what I wanted and did not want before I booked her, I told her the most important thing was how I looked like from the front. In all fairness, she did a fantastic job with braids in the back, but I had clearly stated I wanted to look like all my hair was down (I didn't want it pulled back) but I wanted something pretty in the back. Well, she made the back look lovely and did not listen. When I expressed I was unhappy, she asked what I needed fixed, I said, please make it look like the trial and I proceeded to show her a picture. She told me it was the same, I said no it was not. She then tried gaslighting me and asking when I took the trial pic, I said it was taken RIGHT AFTER I left her house! (She was trying to imply I took it many hours later). Now I am still upset about how she handled it, she was dismissing my bridesmaids who were trying to explain to her that I wanted the hair scooped to the back, not pulled back. On top of it all, she kept telling me to learn to communicate what I wanted (in the heat of my frustrations) and I was so upset and lost for words I could only show her the picture and ask her to make me look like the trial. Now I am on the fence, I am not looking for a refund, but think I should email her that I was not happy with what she did and others tell me not to bother as it would not accomplish anything. Please let me know your thoughts and see for yourself the pictures. The top is the trial and bottom is wedding day. Again, to be fair she did a lovely job in the back, but my whole concept was to be made to look like my hair was down. I though I'd feel better by now but it really bothers me to be gaslit and told the hairstyles were the same and that I need to learn to communicate.

Hair Trial vs Wedding Day 1

Hair Trial vs Wedding Day 2

1 Comment

Latest activity by Kate, on September 19, 2024 at 08:09
  • Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Anna,

Congrats on your wedding! Now regarding the hairstyles...I do see a SLIGHT difference in photos in the sense that the trial does look more relaxed however at the crown I can still see it being pulled back slightly, as with your wedding day photo it is obviously not as relaxed as we need the hairstyle to last the whole day but I don't think it's a huge difference tbh. That being said it's how you feel that matters and I am sorry to hear it did not turn out exactly how you wanted, it's a big deal for your wedding day, I get it! If it makes you feel better to get it off your chest and write the email, I'd do it - keeping it respectful but direct however I'd manage your expectations of a reply in the sense that you may not get one or you may get her saying the same thing she already told you.

The photos are beautiful regardless Smiley heart

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics