Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lauren
Newbie June 2019 Ontario

Hair Stylist Etiquette

Lauren, on March 13, 2018 at 09:45 Posted in Beauty 0 10

Hi everyone,

I am just wondering if there are etiquette guidelines when consulting with potential hair stylists? I have narrowed it down to two hair stylists. Is it annoying if I send them pictures of what I want and see if it is something they can do? I have spent a lot of time looking at pictures on their website/instagram but I really just want to be sure they are the right fit! I am just not sure what the proper protocol is here Smiley smile

Thanks!

10 Comments

Latest activity by Bonnie, on March 15, 2018 at 11:09
  • Bonnie
    Beginner June 2019 Ontario
    Bonnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    There is nothing wrong assessing the stylists abilities, you need what works for you. So don’t feel bad!
  • Danielle
    Curious November 2018 Ontario
    Danielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think it's crucial for hair stylists to see what you would like for your hair. No stylist wants to go in blind and then disappoint the bride.

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My Future Sister in law is a hairstylist and when she does consolations she asks them to bring photos. She will let them know if it will work on that persons hair type or not.

Example my sister has pin straight hair and she wants crazy curls. She warned her I can do it but I'm not guaranteeing it will stay the whole time due to your texture of hair. I will do what I can to make it stay in place.

• Rosalyn
    Devoted August 2018 Alberta
    Rosalyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Sending inspiration photos is a Great idea!! I loved knowing ahead of time what brides expectations were! I also offered free consultations with potential brides!
  • Ashley
    Frequent user August 2018 British Columbia
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Send them what you want for sure! It would really be unfortunate if they don't know what they are doing. If anything you would be making it easier for them.

• Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You can definitely send inspiration pictures! It's even more helpful if you can explain exactly what you like about the hair style in the inspiration picture! I've had a few hair stylists ask me that as a bridesmaid and it really helps you describe what you're looking for!

• Karen
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Karen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It's not a bad idea to send them what you have in mind. If I'm the hairstylist you'll make my job easier. Plus it'll help you choose better as to who can actually do it the way you picture it.
  • Lauren
    Newbie June 2019 Ontario
    Lauren ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks for the feedback ladies! I will send a couple photos Smiley smile

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It's a great idea to send your inspiration pictures! Definitely appropriate.

• K
    Expert September 2018 British Columbia
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I see nothing wrong with checking with them both and seeing their comfort level with the chosen style. You want them to be sure they can do what YOU want Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics