Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Amanda
Frequent user June 2019 Ontario

Hair styles

Amanda, on January 12, 2019 at 15:52 Posted in Beauty 0 8
Ladies, I am having trouble deciding on a hair style. Right now it is just passed my shoulders a d it's very thin. Do any of you have the same issue? If so what are you doing with your hair. I have a veil and a headband which I may or may not wear. Can you send some pics of what you have decided.

8 Comments

Latest activity by Amanda, on January 13, 2019 at 15:46
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Awesome I agree. They are the professionals and should know what is best for me.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Although I have really thick hair - I have medium length as well and I too am incorporating a headband and a veil into my look.

It depends on a couple things though such as, do you want the veil high on your head or low? Do you want the headband on the front of your head or around the back?

No matter how I look at it though, where there's a will there's a way!! If you know what you would ideally want (long hair or short!) perhaps try bringing a picture in to your hairstylist and see what they think. That and/or take a look at their magazines!! I know that where I used to go to get my hair done they have a massive wedding book that had hundreds of hairstyles for weddings!!

• Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Are you having a hair trial before your wedding? i’m a hairstylist, and honestly the best advice I can give is to ask questions and trust your stylist. Go in with a lot of ideas of things that you like, and ask your stylist to do her best to combine the ideas into something that will suit YOU! I would just say to decide whether you want it up, down, or half up and half down and let the stylist go from there!
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Amanda! My hair is quite thin as well, but mine is long, so we are putting one of those mesh bun fillers into my low up-do, to add volume that I can't have with just my own hair.

Depending on what you're wanting to do, you can just look up short hairstyles for fine hair, or if you're wanting more volume/or perhaps the ability to do a bigger style/updo, you can look into getting hair extensions. Honestly, if you were ever going to do something like that, your wedding would be the time. I would say, if your budget permits, to look into extensions. They add volume, as well as length to be open to more styles, or possibly and up-do.

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    These are all great options. Thank you ladies. Here is a pic of my dress.... shhhhh dont tell. Smiley winking

Hair styles 1
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    What does your dress look like? That could help narrow down some options. Along with the type of hair style
    My dress has an illusion back with buttons all the way down so I want to show that off!
    Im looking to do something like this! I have a hair piece that will be pinned in somewhere!

Hair styles 2
  • Tyanna
    Super June 2019 British Columbia
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'll be doing this Type of hairstyle I think. My hair is longer than this but I like this style!

This is a picture of my head piece as well, and I will also be wearing a veil for the ceremony I have fairly thin hair but will have extensions to thicken it without adding too much length

Hair styles 3

Hair styles 4
  • Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This is the sort of thing I want to do with my hair but I have quite thick hair and I’m in the middle of growing it out for November so this would work really well with my hair but probably a lot less so with someone’s hair that’s thinner.

You could do something like my SIL did where she had just a small braid around her head that pinned the veil in, then she curled her hair?

Hair styles 5

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics