Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jodi
Frequent user September 2018 Alberta

Hair/makeup trials

Jodi, on October 25, 2017 at 18:19 Posted in Beauty 0 14

Hey Ladies

did you skip hair/makeup trials or purchase them? I want to save money and im sure our hair/makeup artist will make me look beautiful... what did you do? is it worth the extra 100+$

14 Comments

Latest activity by Sara, on May 22, 2018 at 11:46
  • Sara
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Sara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm doing one, only because I don't style my hair or do my make up on a regular basis so I don't want to be shocked the day of my wedding and I definitely don't want to hate the way I look. So I'm scheduling a trial to put myself at ease and be prepared on how it will all look like - specially when specific visions are involved.

• Kayla
    Devoted September 2017 Alberta
    Kayla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I did a makeup trial and opted out of a hair trial (with a different person).

I 100% regret not having a hair trial. My hair looked awful on the day of and i ripped it out and re-did it myself before my makeup artist applied my makeup.

I will always recommend getting trials done.

• B
    Super August 2017 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yes I did trials. It was worth it because it took some anxiety off. I didn't wonder what I'd look like
  • J
    Newbie May 2018 British Columbia
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    As someone who doesn't wear much make-up or style their hair very often, I'm really happy that I had a trial session (granted, it was factored into the overall cost). Like some of the other brides, I timed it with my engagement photos. At first I was a little shocked by how different I seemed, but after seeing how natural and minimalist my hair and make-up looked in our photos, I have more confidence that I will be comfortable on the wedding day. Hope that's helpful! Smiley smile
  • Amyfanggg
    Frequent user April 2018 Ontario
    Amyfanggg ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I will do mine, only because I feel they can give me more insights about what looks good with all my dresses, or for pictures. What I think I like might not actually be the best ensemble. I also think it's a really fun way to get your girls together, if you bring them!
  • Tiffany
    Devoted October 2017 Ontario
    Tiffany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I did my makeup trial for engagement photos!
    I had my hair trial a few weeks before the wedding as we weren't able to co-ordinate our schedules beforehand.. but was so glad we did because I have short thin hair, we needed to see how long it would hold and if we needed more product.

• Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I didn't spend the extra money but just did my own hair and make up. It wouldn't have mattered anyway since it was 37 degrees on our wedding day and plenty of humidity. I was melting so I'm glad I didn't spend the money. I just looked like myself on a hot day!

• Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Both of my trials were built into the price of the packages I paid for. I think they're both important - the makeup especially. I have really sensitive skin so it was important to try the products and make sure I wouldn't have a reaction to them.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I did a hair and makeup trial. I think it was worth it as you get to meet the people and establish a relationship as well as try out a few ideas. I really wanted an idea of what I would look like so I knew that I wanted a trial. Make sure that they know what you will be wearing and your colours so that everything blends together.

• Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I didn't do a hair or makeup trial because I couldn't afford anything extra. I wish I could have done them to be able to see what I like or dislike. I had my mind made up on a hairstyle, so that was fine. It would have been nice to see different makeup on me though. Also if the makeup artist has worked with you before, she knows your complexion and what will work on your skin and what to do with you!

• Sasha
    Super October 2017 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I didn't think I would want or need one but I'm glad I did. I wanted a half up half down hair style and did that at the trial and realized it's not what I actually wanted as it didn't suit me or the dress so I was able to change my mind in advance and decide what hairstyle would be best.

Same goes for the makeup. I thought I wanted nude lips but then realized that pink would be best and I also changed my eye shadow.

It also made the hair and makeup process a lot faster on the day of the wedding as the stylists knew what we were doing and had pictures from our trial so it was a smooth process.
    I totally get not wanting to spend the money. Thankfully the makeup trial was free for me as it was through the venue but the hair trial was more than i wanted to pay but I am so glad I did it.
  • Daphne
    Super July 2017 British Columbia
    Daphne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I did a hair trial and am very happy I did because I was able to correct things before the day of and make sure my hairstylist was on the same page as me. I didn’t do the makeup trial and now wish I had; it worked out in the end, but it would have avoided having to fix things on the spot day of.
  • Alexa
    Devoted July 2018 Alberta
    Alexa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I honestly was naïve and thought bridal hair/trials were free haha I would do trials for sure, I am a perfectionist and want to be able to see my full wedding outfit look before wedding day. You can make changes to original style you wanted ( hair design looks different on everyone). Plus less stress on wedding day to wonder if makeup/hair will turn out the way you wanted.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics