Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jacquie
Newbie July 2018 British Columbia

Hair/makeup pricing

Jacquie, on August 24, 2017 at 17:48 Posted in Beauty 0 14

What are the averages everyone has been quoted for hair/makeup for the wedding day? I have a very small budget that I am started to realize may have been under-costed hugely on this. I have 4 bridesmaids, and would like my mom and jr bridesmaid to be included as well. I have received 2 quotes so far, 1 totaling almost 1,900.00 (for both hair/makeup), and another for 455 (just hair). Is that pretty standard?

14 Comments

Latest activity by Sonja, on August 27, 2017 at 15:00
  • Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've decided to do my own hair and make up. I can't justify these prices. I've been doing my own makeup for decades so I think I can handle it. As far as hair goes, I don't need to spend $100 to have someone put curls in my hair and pin it up. I'll be doing a couple of trials before the wedding and youtube has some great videos. My ladies will also do their own. It's not something for which I want to drop a ton of money. I'd rather have an open bar and in a short time after they have a few drinks, they won't be looking at my hair and makeup anyway. LOL.

• Jacquie
    Jacquie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks everyone for their input! Really helped me out. Smiley smile
    I managed to get a friend who lives in the Kelowna area to help me out, so she is going to do hair for everyone at 65 ea. And she knows a makeup artist who can do our makeup, totaling around 100 ea.

I haven't decided if I will cover all the costs myself or not, as I would like everyone to be pampered a little that day. But we will see!

• Jacquie
    Jacquie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah the 1900 quoted included 450 travel fees.
    We are getting married in the Lac Le Jeune area, 30 min south of Kamloops.

• Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My beauty team charged: $90 per bridesmaid for airbrush makeup, $90 per bridesmaid for hair styling, $125 for airbrush makeup for the bride, $125 for bridal hair styling, and $25 per person for false eyelashes.

In addition my team had a minimum package price and travel costs!

If you want everyone (bridesmaids, mom, jr bridesmaid) to have professional hair and makeup done for the wedding, then you should cover all the expenses. You could also give everyone the option to do their own hair and makeup, or to have it professionally done at $x per person!

• Kayla
    Devoted September 2017 Alberta
    Kayla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The sounds right.

My makeup is $140 (it included the trail though), and then $60 per bridesmaid.

Hair, i actually never got a quote on. But anywhere i priced out (before i booked with who i did), it was around $130-$180 for bridal for $80-$95 for anyone else.

I decided to pay for hair for my MOH, flower girl, and my mother (i don't have any other bridesmaids), and makeup for my MOH. But my mom surprised me the other day and said she'll take care of hair for us. Which is amazing!

• B
    Super August 2017 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Makeup was 75 per person. Hair was 130 for bride, 90 for the bridesmaids.
  • Chandler
    Beginner October 2017 Ontario
    Chandler ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Mine is $95 for hair and anoth $95 for makeup for the bridesmaids/mothersFor myself it is $125 for each of those 😣
  • Kathy
    Devoted June 2018 Ontario
    Kathy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Does that include your trial? And are there any charges for travel if they are coming to you? If not, I would say 1900 for the 7 of you is pretty steep. I am paying 85 for hair and 90 for makeup for each girl plus a 90 flat travel fee because we are over an hour away from our hair/makeup artists. Whereabouts are you located?
  • Amanda
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Everyone will be paying for their own. I'm not gonna ask my girls to get their makeup done if they don't want to, but if they do want makeup on, I am gonna ask them to get it professionally done. I am gonna ask them to do their hair though. But I'm not telling them how they have to do it, just that id like for them to have an updo. So I'm leaving it pretty open for them.
  • Sasha
    Super October 2017 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I am paying for my mom because she has done so much for us, and as much as i would love to pay for everyone else I unfortunately can't afford to.
  • Jacquie
    Jacquie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks for the input ladies, I didn't realize it would all add up so fast! Are you paying for it all yourselves, or having the bridesmaids pay for their own?

• Daphne
    Super July 2017 British Columbia
    Daphne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I paid $300 for my hair & makeup and $175 for each MoH/bridesmaid hair & makeup
  • Amanda
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My hair is $100/person and makeup is $85/person (I get a discount for having more people to do). So for your bridal party, at my cost, it'd be about $1250
  • Sasha
    Super October 2017 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would say that sounds about right I think. I am paying 100$ for hair and I think it's 100$ for makeup. Dividing the total number you would be paying by 7 (for your mom, bridesmaids, etc) is about 271 and to me that's pretty good if you're getting both hair and makeup done. I haven't done much research into this kind of thing though

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics