Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Newbie June 2024 Ontario

Hair/makeup Budget/ general questions!

Julia, on December 16, 2023 at 20:45 Posted in Beauty 0 10
Hi everyone!

I am completely unaware of how hair/makeup works for weddings!
What is the average cost for hair and makeup? Do most artists charge for travel?

10 Comments

Latest activity by Heather, on June 2, 2024 at 09:15
  • H
    Curious May 2024 Ontario
    Heather ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Here is the website for the company: https://makeupjedi.ca/. They also have a page on Wedding Wire as well that you can look at
  • S
    Newbie October 2024 Ontario
    SD ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Can you please share the contact of the hair and make up artist if you were please with the experience. Thanks!
  • S
    Newbie October 2024 Ontario
    SD ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’m glad to hear of your positive experience. Can you share the contact of the hair and make up artist you recommended. Thanks!
  • H
    Curious May 2024 Ontario
    Heather ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I kept getting quoted at $300-425 for bridal hair + makeup and I have 3 bridesmaids looking to get either hair or makeup done. There were a few companies that would only come out if both hair and makeup was getting done and there had to be at least 5 people. I finally found a makeup artist that does not charge an arm and a leg ($190 for hair + makeup, includes false eyelashes and some extra lipstick). I did a makeup trial with her and it looked amazing! I can't wait until the day of and everything comes together! This was also in Ontario (Greater Hamilton Area).

• Natasha
    Newbie July 2025 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

WOW! I must be living in a really over priced city in Ontario. I was quoted.... between 1500 - 2500 by 3 different companies / artists and that's a bride and party of 3. and one person doesn't want their make up done.. THE HELL! This is outrageous. Obviously I'll keep looking but if they are ALL like this in the city of Guelph or Toronto I'll just have to do for myself which totally defeats the purpose. I want all my girls feeling and looking their best and I want them stress free as well.

• Allanah
    Newbie September 2024 Ontario
    Allanah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi, I have been quoted at 350 for hair and make up for both bride and bridal party- for either hair or make up it was 190.00. This was Ontario. Another company offered 300 for bridal party hair and makeup, 150 for one service- but than 700 for the bride. I find these prices ridiculous! Is this normal for Ontario? I also live in BC and am planning on Ontario with a 3 hour time difference- haven’t even seen our venue yet but 6 months to go haha
  • Brittany
    Featured August 2023 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I know! It is exhausting, but in the end it will all be worth it Smiley smile

• J
    Newbie June 2024 Ontario
    Julia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Brittany,

Yes! From the people I’ve reached out to so far there is quite a range in price. It surprises me how many people you have to reach out to for the various services 🙈
  • Brittany
    Featured August 2023 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For myself I paid about $110.00 for make up with lashes and $125.00 for bridal hair.

My bridal party, each of them was $110.00 for make up with lashes and hair was $75.00 each for a half up half down hair style.

I am sure it will differ depending on province, stylists, etc.

I would start reaching out to people and get some quotes asap.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Every province will differ on prices.

I paid 225 for my makeup and my maid of honor paid 125 for hers. I had my aunt who is a hair stylist do our hair so I'm not too sure how much hair stylists charge.

Artist do usually charge for travel but depends on how far. It would usually say on their websites

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics