Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
VIP September 2023 Ontario

Hair Extensions what do you recommend?

Carine, on May 18, 2022 at 14:59 Posted in Beauty 0 16

Hi have thin short hair and was looking at hair extensions to have the thick mermaid hair for the wedding, does anyone have recommendations on what is better?

16 Comments

Latest activity by Carine, on February 21, 2023 at 11:11
  • C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks Tia, I will check them out.

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    He saw a box of pink hair dye and tapped on it, I was like nope I give up.

She’s pretty great. I think we both have great MOH. ☺️
  • A
    Super September 2022 Alberta
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Haha good man!!

Exciting times!! Seems like you have a very special MOH 🥰🥰
  • C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Turned out really good and he’s a keeper for doing it. Mine likes to help dye my hair, kind of cute.
    $120 I can get away with for here and there. I only plan on getting married once so what’s $2000.
    That is really nice of your MOH. Mine is planning and paying for my bachelorette and bridal shower, I think we have great MOH. I have 16 months to decide what I’m getting and find someone to do it. But for sure you hair and photos look amazing!
  • A
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks! I tried 😝 I read a lot of the reviews before choosing which colour! But luckily my hair was just grey white so didn’t have too much issue!
    But ya I was also super late so I was trying to curl as fast as I could and had my fiancé with another curling iron curling some hair too 😂

Yes it’s definitely the mermaid look your going for!! 😊
    Definitely way cheaper than nanos! The clip ons I got were 120! And they don’t go higher than 160! Haha exactly that’s what I told my fiancé about the nanos 😂 he can’t believe the amount of money spent on beauty for the wedding 😬😬😬 but he doesn’t realize those nanos were less expensive compared to the 2000 dollar quotes!! Lol I’m so lucky my MOH is actually paying for half for a wedding gift! 🤍🤍
  • C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You did a great job! They look amazing and match really well from the pictures, I would have never known that was extensions, also love the photoshoot.

That's the kind of hair I want thick mermaid hair.

I'll be shopping on Amazon when I get home, Future Hubby won't be happy but it's for him, more for me but he doesn't need to know that ;p

• A
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh god that’s sure to turn you off from being a stylist!!! I’m glad you didn’t stick around with them 😳

Totally life may have a different plan for you than you thought but it always works out for the best!!
    Sunny Clip in Grey Hair... https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07QWR2DKD?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
    I had white blonde hair at the time! I applied them myself and I don’t think I did the best job. But it looked good from a far I think 😂Tried to find photos that showed my hair lol Hair Extensions what do you recommend? 1
    Hair Extensions what do you recommend? 2
    The back is so bad😂 but if you have professional it will be good! Hair Extensions what do you recommend? 3
    They looked better far away 😂😂

Ya you can always get the clip ins for back up incase you don’t want the nanos!
  • C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hahaha that's how I felt, love getting my hair done, love playing on my dolls hair, but then having to constantly touch peoples hair I would cringe, plus the salon I worked at was old school and they had their way of doing things that was not what I had learnt, I needed my roots done and the girl fried my hair and the owners wife told me to fix it before her husband saw it and fired me. I told her that if I get fired for a mistake her employee did then I need to rethink the salon I am working at, I told her that I should not be punished because her employee ruined my hair because she had no idea what she was doing. Ended up going back to my school asking my teacher to help me fix it. He looked at me and said I would rethink the salon you work at. I never went back and the owner called me asking me why I left with notice and I told him what had happened he begged me to go back and I declined.

Ended up working at a museum for 8 years and a hotel for 7 then Covid hit. now I'm an office manager. Life has different plans for you sometimes.

Please do share the link, I could use a road trip lol.

Back to extensions, I will look at you tube videos and see, I may just to clip ins, but knowing me I'll spend the extra and get the nano clips hahahaha, but I may also by clips for the lazy days I just want thick mermaid hair.

• A
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah if you have a stylist doing them , then no hassle for you and clip ins could be great! I can send you the link of where I got mine but again they were heavy 😂 Amanda’s suggestion may be better!

Yes you’ll be able to find someone where you are for sure!
    No way!! Haha me too! Well kinda .. I took my cosmetology apprenticeship in my high school (it’s a trades school) and then after I graduated started working in the salon and hated it! 😂 I learned I love beauty when it’s done on me but not doing it on others 😬😬

Ramble ramble 😂

No problem!! 🥰
  • C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

No Ramble is great I have someone who will do them she was referred to me by my stylist. I do like the fact that clip ins I can wear them anytime, but I also don't want heavy hair all night. The Nano sound better for our hair type and that is a great deal.

I will for sure stalk her Instagram and keep searching, I'm in Ottawa so hair is easy to come by I'll check Sally's and will also check Amazon.

If I can get the stuff I may just show my friend how to do it since I used to be a hair stylist many moons ago, just hated it, school was fun but working in a salon not so much.

Now who's rambling. lol Again thank you so much for your help.

• A
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    No problem!!
    I have clip ins and I wore them for my maternity photo shoot and never grabbed for them again 😂 I got them super cheap on Amazon but they are high quality! Definitely less damaging to your hair! Are you having a hair lady on your wedding day or doing it yourself?

I’m with you girl! i have super thin hair so I decided to get extensions installed! I researched for a few months and talked to several Extensionists to figure out what would be the best option for me and my thin hair!
    Sew ins are less damaging as well but they are heavy and you aren’t able to really put your hair up or brush through your hair as well as the micro nano beads extensions! After my wedding I still wanted to be able to maintain them and be able to put my hair in a pony! As well as not damage my already super thin hair!
    I was lucky that my maid of honour found me a micro nano extension lady in her town that she’s good friends with and I’m not paying too much! Compared to the other quotes I’ve gotten like around 2000 😳 I’m getting 200g for 980.

This is her Instagram if you want to take a look she posts about why micro nanos are so safe! The extensions lady also helped me find someone in my town find someone who does micro nanos in the proper way so that my hair won’t get damaged after my wedding when I go for maintenance! I’ve learned that just because an extensionist is doing micro nanos doesn’t mean they are putting them in correctly 😳 you don’t want them tugging on your hair or messy knotty parts because that’s when you get damage to your hair and it can fall out. Luckily extensionists all have Instagram pages and you can take a look at there work before seeing them!
    My extensions lady https://www.instagram.com/glowupco_/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y%3D

So to sum it up lol 😆 clip ins in my opinion are heavy but less damaging, more work to put in if your doing it yourself. Less maintenance.
    Nano beads. The safest extensions on the market compared to sew ins

Okay I’ve rambled on enough 😂 I had a baby last year and my hair started to fall out postpartum so I just really wanted to do all my research before diving into anything! 😬
  • C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you so much Alyx, Wasn't sure if clip in, micro or tape would be recommended Would like to feel like a mermaid for at least 3 weeks lol especially how much hey cost to buy and install.

• A
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Clip ins I find to be heavier but they are less damaging on the hair.
    If your looking to get extensions installed I recommend someone who does micro nano beads they are the least damaging to the hair
  • C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you Amanda, I will for sure look into it.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Bellami Hair*
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Bellam Hair.
    I just bought mine 2 weeks ago and had amazing service. I had to change colors because the first I bought was too light had no issue with exchanging it to another color. I have fine hair as well but the right hair stylist will know what to do. I did the test strip on my hair and it works very well.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics