Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Holly
VIP June 2019 Ontario

Hair Cancelled!!

Holly, on February 26, 2019 at 14:12 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 10
Urggg so I've been on a great planning roll, get things organized and done for the past week now! Really getting back into it and today my hair stylist cancelled!
She is my personal hair dresser that I've been seeing since I was 10. So it was no doubt in my mind that I wanted her doing our hair. She gave us a great price and everything. Today I was talking to my mom and she made a comment about how she thought it was weird that my hairdresser was going to travel from Windsor to Chatham for doing our hair but then not attend the wedding (she has a family thing that weekend). Then that had me thinking yeah it is kinda weird. So I messaged her asking if she wanted a fee to travel to Chatham, just something to cover gas. She replies with, "I can't go to Chatham.". WHAT??? When we had originally talked about the wedding hair she asked where and I said Chatham, we will be getting ready at a hotel. But today she says she thought we were going to travel to her to get it done. Then tells me, "If you don't want to come to me to do your hair then find someone else." So now I get to find someone else. I still have 3 months left so I'm hoping that someone is still available, but this was something that should have been set before 3 months!
I always see on here about how people's vendors have cancelled or something but I never thought I'd have to deal with it..

10 Comments

Latest activity by Rachael, on February 26, 2019 at 19:19
  • Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm sorry to hear about this. Hopefully you're able to find a replacement for her soon.

• Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That is so unfortunate, I wouldn't stress too much though. Everything will come together in the end, I only booked my hair stylist this morning.

• Michelle
    Expert April 2019 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am so scared of this! The girl doing my hair is a friend of a friend- no contract or anything done. My friend who knows her is my Maid of Honour and she keeps telling me it's fine don't worry she wont flake! Ahhhh Smiley sad wishing you the best.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh no I'm sorry this happened to you! I hope you still find someone!! At least your sister is able to do it if worse comes to worse.

I'm in a similar boat to you where as the person who did my hair when I lived in London is doing my wedding hair. Since she is a family friend/super chill I don't have a contract/deposit put down. Luckily, we keep in contact with each other constantly and is also attending the wedding as a guest so I'm not too worried.

I'm like Tori where I think "it won't happen to me" but you never know! Every other vendor I have I've signed a contract and put a deposit down so I'm hoping nothing happens.

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah I've sent a bunch of emails out, hopefully someone is still available!
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Unfortunately no contract since she is not only my hair dresser since childhood but also a friend of mine.. I also didn't have to put a deposit down so I guess that's what that gets me..
    I've been contacting a bunch of people, fingers crossed! And yeah if it comes down to it I'll have my sister do it, she's pretty good at it.
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    As soon as I found this out I was on the hunt. Been looking people up and sending our emails!!
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That's so frusterating! Odd she is being flakey like this, maybe she didn't know how to bring up the conflict as family thing could have been set after she agreed to your hair. Either way it isn't okay! I would write out a generic email and message a bunch of hair people asap!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh my gosh, for real??? I feel the same way about "it won't happen to me though" and now this has me second guessing all my contracts Smiley atonished Don't suppose you had one with her though, eh?

Like Bianca said, just start calling everywhere - there's bound to be somebody! I mean, worst comes to worst and you have to do it yourself or have somebody do it - you have 3 months to learn how to do the hair style you want!

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Omg no! That’s such a shame Holly. If I were you, I’d begin mass messaging hair dressers on here to see if someone has availability. I’m sure you’re going to find someone tho!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics