Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kate
Curious August 2022 Ontario

Hair and makeup trials!!

Kate, on February 28, 2022 at 14:04 Posted in Beauty 0 10
I’m having a hard time with this based on availability and logistics.
When are you booking these for? I would love to be able to do my hair and makeup trials the same day as a dress fitting, but not sure if I can
Suggestions?? Thanks!

10 Comments

Latest activity by Kara, on March 8, 2022 at 09:01
  • Kara
    Frequent user June 2022 Ontario
    Kara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Speak with your makeup artist and hair stylist.
    My hair trial is early April (for June 18 wedding). I wanted it sooner rather than later to give me some time to decide whether I like it or not. My makeup artist on the other hand, she is specific about the times/dates and only books 1.5 months out at a time, so it is still unscheduled at this time.
    Some are pretty flexible, but covid really has changed the way some vendors provide business…but I’d say you’re safe 2-3 months out.
  • Kate
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Haha yes exactly! That’s what I’m trying to do. Was hoping to line it up for my shower but my hair place isn’t open on sundays so we’ll see what else I can plan for afterwards Smiley smile
  • Malyssa
    Expert October 2022 Alberta
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am going to TRY and schedule mine for the day we do our "engagement" shoot with our photographer, but if not, I'll just fit it in as some point and maybe do a date night after. Get some use outta it you know hehe

• Paige
    Beginner October 2021 Ontario
    Paige ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I booked my hair and makeup trial the morning of my bridal shower! It worked out great for me Smiley smile
  • Kate
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh yes I agree!! Thanks!
  • C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I would not have my trial more than 2 months before the wedding (i.e. the closer the better unless you plan to use someone else if you don't like it).
  • Kate
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ah gotcha! Do you mean you wouldn’t do it earlier than 2 months before or later than 2 months before the wedding?
  • C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I had mine for my first alterations appointment - so 6 weeks out. Because we had to postpone the wedding, she actually had me come again for hair just to remind herself of my hair texture and what I wanted etc. That time I went a week out. I wouldn't go farther than 2 months out honestly.
  • Daily
    Expert August 2022 Ontario
    Daily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think you can ask your MUA. I got my dress exactly 4 months after purchase. I haven’t had any makeup or hair trial yet and plus I want it in June or July since It’s closer to my wedding date.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm having my makeup trial only a few days before my wedding only because we're getting married in a different province and can only do it this way
    For my hair, since I have my aunt doing my hair Im getting together with her in May to see what can be done!
    For you makeup, talk to you makeup artist as well as you hair stylis to see when they're available and maybe they can help with the timeline I've seen anywhere from a month before to a few months before the big day

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics