Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

N
Newbie July 2022 British Columbia

Hair and Makeup Question

Nicole, on June 29, 2022 at 17:26 Posted in Beauty 0 2
So I have booked a hair and makeup artist, went to a trial, and put a deposit down. I have only communicated with the owner and was told at the trial that an assistant will do the bridesmaids…ok no problem. At the trial which was a month and a half ago I asked about the timeline. In the contract it said 6:00-11:30 so I let the stylist know we probably would not need her that early and that I would like to start later around 7:00. She said she would email a timeline closer to the date.

She has now given me a timeline and said that she wants to have me done 6:30-8:30 and that she had to leave by 8:30. Nowhere was I told that she would not be there the whole time for me and I feel that expecting me to be ok with being done 4 hours before my ceremony is not reasonable.
Am I wrong in thinking that when I signed the contract with her that she would be there and not have to do me right at the beginning? She said there is an option for the assistant to work with me but I don’t feel that is what I signed the contract for. Payment and all communication was done with her and her personal email.
Thoughts?

2 Comments

Latest activity by Carine, on July 5, 2022 at 14:28
  • C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You pay the hairstylist for her time, and she gets her assistants to do the party. If she is unavailable then she should have made that clear and not pay for an assistant.

The contract clearly says 11:30, you should be the last one done. I would talk to her and see if you can get your money back as she is in breech of her your contract.

If she refuses I hope you have emails and go to your bank and tell them you think you were scammed.

• Brittany
    Featured August 2023 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't think it's right she is pushing for you to get ready so early. But she may have tons of other brides to go to that may have booked first, put a deposit down and selected a time slot with her before you put your deposit down. That would seem the only reason why she needs to do you first.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics