Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Emilie
Featured Quebec

Hair and Makeup. DIY or Hire Pro?

Emilie, on November 2, 2016 at 12:05 Posted in Beauty 0 16

Hi beautiful brides Smiley heart

As you're getting ready for your big and figure out how to stay within budget, there's something worth considering...

What will you do for your hair and makeup? DIY or Hire Pro? Smiley winking

Hair and Makeup. DIY or Hire Pro?

Image: Pinterest

16 Comments

Latest activity by Erin, on March 1, 2017 at 14:43
  • Erin
    Expert September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am planning to have my hair done by a professional, but I plan on doing my own makeup. I love makeup, I wear it almost everyday and I watch enough YouTube videos to know what goes where, and how to apply makeup for wedding photos. I will be practising and getting photos taken in natural light well before the wedding to see how it goes, but I think I will be good! I'm also open to any thoughts or advice for a DIY makeup bride!

• L
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Linzer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    So I'm actually going to hire someone to do my hair but I think I'm going to do my own makeup! I'm an amateur but spend a lot of time on r/makeupaddiction on reddit and I think (hope, pray) that I can improve my skills to really pull together an amazing bridal look. I hit Rouge at Sephora his year so I'm taking advantage of their unlimited makeovers and lessons!
  • Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am hiring a Pro for both .... I am not very girly as people would say... and I want to look and feel my best on my wedding day ... so Ill let a pro make me look like a queen for a day !!

• Tanya
    Curious October 2017 Ontario
    Tanya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm a hair stylist and will be curling my own hair ( just prefer how I do my curls). but will have my coworker do the rest (tease it, put in my extensions, put in my veil and hair accessorie)... and before the reception she will be pinning it up for me. make up i am definitely hiring someone. you need a heavier make up for the photos, plus my make up is never as polished looking.
  • Laura
    Super September 2017 Alberta
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am planning on hiring someone to do my hair and makeup...I just want someone else to worry about it since my hair is prone to behaving badly. I could do my makeup but I am going to be so emotional and nervous I don't want to mess it up with shakey hands.

• Laura
    Super September 2017 Alberta
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

AWW you and your sister are both super sweet to each other! You will both enjoy the pampering time before your wedding together I bet! Smiley heart

• Tiffany
    Devoted September 2018 Quebec
    Tiffany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That is really sweet Smiley smile.
  • Tiffany
    Devoted September 2018 Quebec
    Tiffany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'll probably hire someone. That way less for to do, and I don't think I could do as good a job as a pro.
  • Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am hiring my hairstylist who has been doing my hair since I graduated from high school.
  • Cheryl
    Expert December 2017 British Columbia
    Cheryl ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Definitely DIY! I'm going to ask my aunt to do hair and make up!
  • Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think so- I still feel very big sisterly towards her- so it feels funny letting her do things for me. I still think of her as someone who needs me to take care of them.....even though she's a grown, married, young woman!

We are pretty close- that's why she was the only lady I really NEEDED by my side for the wedding

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Awww that was so sweet of you. It's nice she was able to repay the favour, even though I know you didn't expect her to!!! I'm sure it makes her feel nice to be able to do something similar for you because it likely made her feel so special

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Agree! it is a very nice gift- and impactful on my day. We can have mimosas and relax!

It stems from my sister's wedding I think, her dream dress was outside her budget, so I offered to pay the difference as a gift. This brings things full circle in a very nice way Smiley smile

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm letting a pro handle my hair and makeup. I am not good with makeup AT ALL, so I definitely need professional help there!! And while I am cabaple of doing my hair, it sometimes has a mind of it's own and I just don't want to deal with the stress of it not doing what I want that morning.

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

AWWW That's so sweet of her!!!! It'll be so nice to be pampered too!

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have had a new development here!

I was going to hire a pro for hair, and do my own make up- for me, this is a logical place to save money.

My sister has now offered to pay for these services so we can get ready together. I thought about turning her down, because I had my plan in place....but i thoguht better of it! It is a generous offer, save me a little stress, AND we get bonding time! Wins all around!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics