Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sydney
Expert August 2018 Ontario

Hair and makeup

Sydney, on August 3, 2017 at 23:23 Posted in Beauty 0 12

I have been to many weddings, but have only ever been in one as a bridesmaid and it was very low-key/casual. I thought that hair&makeup for the bridesmaids would be something that is paid for by the bride, but I know that some people have their bridesmaids pay for it themselves. What have other people done? Pay for it, or ask your wedding party to pay for their own?

12 Comments

Latest activity by Kathy, on August 9, 2017 at 13:09
  • Kathy
    Devoted June 2018 Ontario
    Kathy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have hired 2 hairstylists and a makeup artist to come to us the morning of the wedding and I am paying for it all. I want everyone to relax and not stress the morning of, so it's just easier to have someone else do all the hair/makeup then doing it ourselves.

• Laura
    Frequent user August 2018 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The wedding party that I was in for one of my gfs had us pay for it. I was expecting this since her gift to us was our dresses. Unless the bride tells you she's paying for it, expect that you would pay for it.
  • Emma
    Newbie August 2017 Ontario
    Emma ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hey Sydney. I paid for their hair to be done for part of their gift. For Make up they will have to do themselves. I am paying for my own makeup to be done but my maid of honour and family are understanding they weren't even expecting me to pay for them to have their hair done. Best of luck Smiley smile
  • Ashley
    Frequent user September 2018 Quebec
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am not going to be paying for my bridesmaid's hair to be done, but I also do not have high expectations on certain styles that they must have for their hair. If anyone wants help with hair styles, my bridesmaids are coming over to my house the morning of to get ready anyways and I am sure they can help each other out curling or straightening

it

• Jenn
    Frequent user September 2018 Ontario
    Jenn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am giving my girls the option, my hair and makeup will be done when we are all together getting ready, and the lady doing it said if they want theirs done she will bring an assistant to help and give them a bit of a discount, but they will be paying for it themselves. I think if the bride makes it mandatory to have it done, then the bride pays.
  • Sydney
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Sydney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you so much, that's a huge help!

• Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am having my girls get their hair and makeup done. I am paying for their makeup though because I wanted them to get it done. They are paying for their hair to get done, because they all want a different hairstyle.

• Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Exactly what Lesley said! If professional hair and makeup is optional for your bridesmaids, then they can choose to do their own or to pay for the services. If you are requiring they have their hair & makeup done by your vendor, then you should pick up the tab!

Edited To Add: I paid for hair and makeup for my bridesmaids!

• Lesley
    Super September 2017 Manitoba
    Lesley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Bridesmaids pay for their own as long as it's optional. If you say they have to have makeup or have to have hair done, then you should pay it.
    I'm paying for the makeup for my girls as part of their gift. When I made the appointments they said they couldn't afford it so I offered it to them. If I could afford to pay for their hair too, I would!
  • B
    Super August 2017 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would have loved to pay for it for them but I can't. So I asked them to.
  • Sasha
    Super October 2017 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I've been a bridesmaid in 2 weddings. One was paid for and the other I paid for everything myself. For my wedding since we have a tight budget, my bridesmaid has to pay for hair and makeup unfortunately. I would have liked to be able to pay but I can't afford to as we are already above budget.
  • Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Sydney,

I think most bridesmaids pay for their own hair and makeup, and dresses. If the bride is well off, then she might buy the dresses but I think each girl still pays for her own hair and makeup.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics