Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Frequent user September 2022 Saskatchewan

Hair and makeup

Cc, on June 13, 2022 at 20:41 Posted in Beauty 0 19
Do you normally have yourself and bridesmaids go to the same hair stylist or do it separately?

19 Comments

Latest activity by Carine, on June 14, 2022 at 15:57
  • C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We gifted them when we asked, and I'm paying their hair and getting these slippers, I know them as Fast flats, when you are tired of dancing and you don't want to be bare foot you slip them on, they fit in your clutch, since my soon to be MIL has a cricket I'm adding their names.

• Rebecca
    Expert October 2023 Newfoundland and Labrador
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Honestly communication is everything ask them how they feel about it or what they would like to do then that way they are comfortable and in the end you are too Smiley smile

• C
    Cc ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ok definitely good to know. Between myself and significant other we gifted them when we asked them to be apart of our day. We also are gifting them the day of the wedding with the girls getting a canvas tote bag,champagne, socks,t shirt,sweat pants, hoodie,jewelry and a gift card. The guys are getting flasks, rum,hoodies,swiss army knife and gift card. So I didn't know with dropping that much if I should boot the bill for the hair and makeup to.
  • C
    Cc ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ok definitely good to know! Both myself and significant other gifted them when we asked them to be part of it and we are also gifting them at the wedding. The girls will receive a bottle of champagne, socks, sweat pants, t shirt, hoodie and jewelry. The guys are getting rum, hoodies, swiss army knife and a flask.

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Depending on the type of wig they could work with it if she doesn't mind. It's up to you some pay for the dresses and some pay for the hair or they pay it all. I told my girls I was paying their hair for them since it will not cost that much for the 4 of us, I'm not getting anything over the top done, very simple. All depends on your budget and what you want. Don't feel obligated to pay if the budget is not there.

• C
    Cc ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ok I wasn't sure! I was informed last night that one wears a wig and with that being said I didn't wanna force them into getting something like that professionally done
  • Rebecca
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Open book here Smiley smile

so i have asked the girls to purchase their dress & shoes & I'm covering hair and make up for them as the price was comparable either way.

• C
    Cc ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    If you don't mind me asking do u take care of it for the bridal party or they pay it themselves?
  • Rebecca
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have a hairstylist and a make up artist coming to us to get ready. We are all getting our hair and make up done Smiley smile

• C
    Cc ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah I would like matching to but I had to take into consideration it's not so simple because I do have a bridesmaid that wears a wig also I didn't know until I was recently informed.
  • C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Really up to you, I would love my girls to get ready for me, so I have my hairstylist to all of our hair, but she will have help with her to curl our hair, and she will pin it up. Make up artist is doing all our makeup we aren't many so she's doing it all herself.

The bigger the party the more staff, usually hair and makeup they will have more than one to help.

I would like their hair to match, but I know my cousin had everyone get their hair done and the one bridesmaid ended up doing it by herself and it looked like a mess.

• A
    Super September 2022 Alberta
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It’s up to you what you’d like! My hair is going to be down so I want my bridesmaids to have updos!
    Just personal preference on what you like!
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You at be able to find someone easier if they are going to have a full day, someone will be willing to travel for a whole party over just one person getting ready I think.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It's ok if they're all in different parts of the province. The day of your wedding, they should be there with you where you're getting married? You might have to find someone that travels to come and do makeup and hair. Yes you might have to pay for the travel fee, but at least you're not having to go out of your way and you can be relaxed. There's tones of options these days.

You could also post in your local wedding sell/swap groups on facebook and see if anyone is close to you that does mobile hair and makeup Smiley smile

• C
    Cc ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah that's what I hoped for but everyone is in the different locations of the province and well the town I'm getting married in doesn't have anyone that's good and qualified also so the city is my only option and to find some who travel well that's tough where I'm at 🤦‍♀️
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I only have my MOH and myself getting our hair and makeup done. We're both getting hair and makeup done by the same person. Our makeup artist is coming to our condo in the morning and my aunt who is a hair stylist is also coming to our condo.

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    If you have a MUA coming to you and eveyone getting ready together they can tell you how many people they will need. I think if you all go to the same person or couple of people you'll get a more cohesive look to our party.....
  • C
    Cc ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I have two my matron of honour and one bridesmaid it makes it difficult because we live in different parts of the province. I didn't know if it was a necessary thing that we all go the same day same place kinda thing 🤷‍♀️
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I only had one Matron of Honour and she did her own hair and makeup. My mom, my MIL and daughter had hair done by the same person that did mine. My mom, daughter and a friend of mine used the same MUA as I did. I guess it's up to you what you want done. How much work it is how much time you'll have rhe day of

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics