Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Brittany & Ryan
Beginner July 2022 Ontario

Hair and Make up

Brittany & Ryan, on July 15, 2021 at 14:35 Posted in Beauty 0 5

Looking for some guidance for those of you who had hired Hair and MUA.

My wedding is July 22, 2022. I have inquired with a Hair + MUA that I am interested in hiring for the day of my wedding to do my hair + MU (trial at an earlieir date) as well as possibly my bridesmaids and possibly MOB/MOG.

At this moment I do not have a head count on who would want what. I live 2 provinces away and have not been back to Ontario to offically ask more than half of my bridesmaids (they know theyre going to be in the wedding but I havent been able to do a proposal).

The company is aware that I am leaving the costs up to the girls and is requiring a 50% deposit apon booking (for everyone getting both hair and MU) as well as exact number of who wants what by next month (11 months before the wedding).

Is this common for Hair and MUA? I personally found it odd that they need the number almost a year out

5 Comments

Latest activity by Michelle, on July 16, 2021 at 10:35
  • Michelle
    Expert October 2021 Nova Scotia
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeah I paid the deposit based on the minimum amount of services, but I'm also paying for everyone's makeup and I'm the only one having my hair done.

If your bridesmaids choose to only have one service done does that put the total cost under the deposit price? I would maybe see if you could pay 50% of the total based on everyone getting one service (if you think more of them are likely to go this route) since it is non-refundable if they'll allow that.

• Brittany & Ryan
    Brittany & Ryan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Well written, thank you for some direction!

• Brittany & Ryan
    Brittany & Ryan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Did you have to pay a deposit for the minimum amount of services that was inquired for?

From experience as a bridesmaid, we had always just brought payment day of for the HMUA.

Understandably, they will need to know how many artists but I just find it crazy that they want close to 1000$ non refundable deposit up front for "50% of each person service" (Hair and make up), when Ive explained that I dont know if each person is interested in both.

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you want to book the HMUA and are not sure if your bridesmaids and family need their services yet, don't count them. You can always ask later if they can accommodate additional people for an additional cost, or hiring an extra team if your HMUA is not available for additional people. You don't want to lock yourself into a contract that you can't get out of in case your team feels it's not necessary to get hair and makeup done.

• Michelle
    Expert October 2021 Nova Scotia
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It's probably to see how many muas/ hair stylists they would need to be there.

Hair and Makeup book pretty early and if they have other inquiries for your date they might be holding off on telling other couples they are available in case they need multiple people for your wedding.

My hair and makeup artist booked me for the minimum amount of services I was inquiring about since I was unsure if someone would want their makeup done, and informed me that I can always add services on but not subtract any from what we agreed on.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics