Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Emily
Devoted February 2020 Ontario

Hair & Make-up

Emily, on October 18, 2018 at 15:50 Posted in Beauty 0 20

Hi everyone, I need your opinions on hair and make-up costs!

I am located in Southern Ontario - the wedding will be held in Cambridge and I am just wondering what the average cost is for a hair and makeup wedding service? Or what you think is reasonable? They will be travelling to my hotel and doing everything in our room. I have myself, the bride, four bridesmaids, a junior bridesmaid, and two mothers!

I am just trying to figure out what is reasonable! It has been a long time since I've used from of these services.. since prom, so I have no idea how much I should expect to spend.

Thanks!

20 Comments

Latest activity by Amanda, on July 31, 2019 at 10:32
  • A
    Devoted October 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Emily,

I'm getting married in Kitchener and I'm using Tiffany from Meatherall Makeup for my make up but I know they do hair as well and they can travel to you and are around $130 for both.

• Laura
    Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Personally, I've found finding hair and make up more stressful than anything else whilst planning our weddingSmiley smile The cost directly depends on the area, but I imagine you can find something for a reasonabl price. My advice to you all would be to speak to any potential make up artists and hairdressers, have a trial and take it from there. Maybe this tool wil help you find the idea of what you want https://photosfortag.com/htag/weddinghair/

• Emily
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

The quotes that I got were very similar... seems to be the going rate! Thanks for your reply!

• Emily
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you! That is a really great idea that I didn't think of! Smiley smile

• D
    Newbie February 2019 Ontario
    Dorota ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    When I was booking , I think at the salon it was 75 each roughly but for them to come to you hair was 125 and make up 85. I got a couple quotes around 75 for make up.

• Natalie
    Devoted July 2020 Ontario
    Natalie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

So, I've actually hired two friends of mine for makeup and the verdict is still out for hair, but one works at Sephora and one works at MAC so I think I'm going to be okay.

Honestly, my girlfriend ended up hiring a girl in beauty school working at Sephora for her day and spent next to nothing, let her use the images as promotional material and called it a day. If you're willing to spend the money by all means, but if you're looking for cost effective measures than it could be an option.

• Rekramer
    Expert November 2018 Ontario
    Rekramer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh yeah, and don't feel obliged. It's a nice thing to do and people may grumble but honestly, if they can't afford it, they should tell you. Otherwise, people generally know the cost of participating in a wedding and know its still an honour. That's a great price for that you found!

• Emily
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you!

• Emily
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I found a company that is very similar in pricing - $140 for both for bridesmaids. She had a promotion on where my hair and make-up is only $115, which is great!

That is really amazing that you are covering everything! I am still a student (Master's) so I don't have the income to help my girls out as much as I would like!

• Julie
    Curious June 2019 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Its called prim and proper. This is their contact number 289-208-2218. You can also message them via they facebook or instagram page

Prim_andproper_beauty
  • Emily
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That is a great deal! What is the company called?

• Emily
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeah! I agree, I am definitely going to go with another company that is more local and won't charge anything for travel.

• Rekramer
    Expert November 2018 Ontario
    Rekramer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're getting married in St. Catharines. Hair is $70 a person, makeup is $65. I think that's pretty reasonable, but prices can really vary. I know my bridesmaid that I put in charge of finding the person, found everyone else was nearly double her price. It certainly adds up but we decided to cover the cost for all our bridesmaids because they're shelling out for a lot of the wedding already and I know not all of them make as much as me and my FH make.

• Julie
    Curious June 2019 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I found one in facebook and they offer a hair and makeup duo , with that is includes , any hairstyle or updo , bridal makeup application, false lashes all for $100 pp flat rate Flower girls are $30. They are actually base in st. catherine. The travel fee outside of niagara region is $45.
  • A
    Devoted October 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    $100 for travel from Guelph to Cambridge??? That's crazy... I wouldnt pay that.
  • Emily
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you! This definitely makes me feel better about my choice!

Yes - I found one company that charges $100 for hair regardless of who it is, and an additional $100 for travel even though they are coming from Guelph.

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

When I was a bridesmaid in KW area 3-4 years ago. I want to say I paid around 120 for hair/makeup. The makeup artist was good on what she did for eyes. but she didn't match skintone well.

a friend of mine was just in a wedding in that area. and she paid 200 for hair/makeup. YUCK.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Wow thats nuts!

Its Glam and Glow Niagara. I am not sure how far she travels, but worth a shot Smiley smile

• Emily
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Would you be willing to pass along her information?

I found someone in the tri-city area that offers the best pricing I have been able to find, but it is more expensive! For my hair and makeup it is $120 - bridesmaids $140, mothers, $120 and my junior is $55 for hair.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The woman that I have booked was the cheapest I found in Niagara. For my hair and makeup she is charging $120, hair and makeup for everyone else is $100, and then my flower girl will be $35 as she just does hair. This includes her travel to my house as well.

She also charges I think an extra 10 bucks if anyone wants air brush, tattoo cover up, and $5 extra for fake eye lashes.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics