Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Stacey
Newbie July 2023 Ontario

Guests wearing shorts?

Stacey, on June 22, 2023 at 16:25 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 3
We are having and outdoor wedding and reception in Eastern Ontario in July this year. Just 1 month away.
I have on my website that we don’t expect guests to wear suits due to Ontario heat and suggested “nice but comfortable clothing” and provided a picture a if a woman in a sundress and a man wearing Khaki pants with a short sleeved button down shirt.
I’ve just had a guest ask if they can wear shorts and I’m not sure thats the vibe I was looking for. How do I suggest that it’s probably a little less dressy that I had hoped for? Or do I just leave it be if they are the only people wearing shorts it’s on them.I don’t even know how to reply…

3 Comments

Latest activity by Kelli, on July 15, 2023 at 13:50
  • Kelli
    Frequent user September 2024 Alberta
    Kelli ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It definitely depends on the theme of the wedding. If you would like something more formal even though it’s hot I would suggest that you gently suggest that you would like to have more formal attire like K1327 said.
    Best of luck!
  • KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

What about listing attire as business casual?

• Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'd probably say something like "We know it's summer and the weather can be potentially pretty hot however we are still hoping to see our guests a little dressed up Smiley smile". I'd make it suggestive that shorts is not what you'd love to see but not enforce what someone should wear (if that makes sense). I think it's delicate enough and hopefully they should get it? I know there are such mixed opinions on telling someone what to wear but if they are asking, I see no harm in answering them.

This reminds me of when a guest asked if they could bring their child to our wedding and instead of saying "no kids" I said, "we are looking to give the parents a fun night out to enjoy!" and they got the message, thankfully lol. Good luck! Smiley heart

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics