Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Emilie
Featured Quebec

Guests Dress Code. Yes or No?

Emilie, on October 7, 2016 at 11:05 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 11

Hey brides and grooms Smiley heart

Depending on the style of wedding you are having, you might want to have a dress code or not.

Will your guests have a dress code for your wedding?

Dress Code. Yes or No?

11 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on January 24, 2018 at 23:13
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We set based on the day and weather. Never want men in suits sweating on a beautiful day. There are less chances for ladies as theg were wearing long gowns, light colour indian outfits and tight dresses.
  • L
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Linzer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    No dress code but I feel like most of our guests are classy people and will dress appropriately.
    I remember going to a family member's wedding and a girl was wearing jeans capris and flip flops and I almost died of embarrassment FOR her. I was like 13 wearing my grade 8 grad dress, little brother in a suit and this lady was like meh whatever. Trashy.
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We won't be having a dress code but we may say that we would like people to dress nicely. I don't want people to go out and buy new clothes but I also don't want people showing up in their weekend t-shirts and shorts. As we are having a rustic outdoor wedding it may lead our guests to think it is a casual affair but we would still like people to dress up a little.

• Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are not having a dress code at our wedding. We just hope to have our guest come and celebrate our day, as this more important to us.
  • Victoria
    Frequent user September 2018 Ontario
    Victoria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    No dress code
  • Nelly
    Expert September 2017 Ontario
    Nelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

No dress code for us but I hope that our guests will dress up

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
  • Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

HAHA I doubt that very much as well and I would be a little shocked... but at the end of the day, they were happy and comfy, I've properly hosted them and I'll be married to my fiancéSmiley heart ... and at the end of the day, that's really all I care about!

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Exactly!

I doubt anyone would wear a hoddie to a wedding, but if they do- will it really change anything about your day? Not really!

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

No dress code for us! I wouldn't want anyone to have to buy something special and spend money to attend our wedding. I would obviously prefer they wear something formal, but if someone shows up in a hoodie I'll get over it Smiley xd

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We would like our guests to dress "nicely" but ultimately, I don't care. We won't be requesting a dress code on our invites.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics