Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Tiana
Curious June 2022 British Columbia

Guests Changing Rsvps or Large Amount of No's?

Tiana, on May 26, 2022 at 17:03 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 18
We've now had close to 35 of the 85 people we invited decline to attend the wedding, 3 of which were after the deadline. Our wedding is slightly destination (a ferry ride away and overnight stay required), but we're slightly taken aback by how many people have said no.

It includes the understandable reasons like money, time off work, etc. but there are quite a few that initially were so excited to come and ended up saying no when it came down to it. Is anyone else having this issue? I know it's a weird time in the world, but even though we over-invited, we're quite surprised at how small the wedding is going to be.

18 Comments

Latest activity by Rebecca, on June 9, 2022 at 11:31
  • Rebecca
    Expert October 2023 Newfoundland and Labrador
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

While i was looking for ideas on glowsticks this popped up on my pintrest homepage and i immediately thought of this postXD

Guests Changing Rsvps or Large Amount of No's? 1

• Rebecca
    Expert October 2023 Newfoundland and Labrador
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My biggest fear is going through all of this and planning for 170 (we invited 250) and having 50 show up or no one....

• Stephanie
    Frequent user August 2022 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I invited people from the USA to come to my wedding in Ontario and those individuals declined in their RSVPs. I know it could be due to travel across the border during COVID or it’s because my cousin could very well be having her wedding the same weekend or around the same time (I notified family last November - so family knew our Save the Date time). Oh well.

I had those few no’s and decided to invite a few more friends for our second round of invites. Out of 60 guests we have 45 say yes so far. We are still waiting for 5-10 more replies of yes or no.
    My FH and I discussed this before, as much as it would be great for all to attend, we invited the people that matter most to us. And in the end, the people who are able to be there will make us happy. No need to stress with having everyone say yes. Your wedding still will be memorable and special.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Absolutely. If you nit pick at everything you will go crazy. It is what it is in the end
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Smaller weddings usually save unless you have that minimum which we do....I've been asking people to come eat, drink and be merry. It just seems like such a waste to pay for food no one is eating.....
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    100% I'm not sorry for a more intimate kind of wedding. It'll be nice to have more time for the ones who do come 😊
  • Tiana
    Tiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I'm so sorry, that sucks. I have to agree with the others here - let's focus on the people that are coming! 💕
  • Tiana
    Tiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hahahaha this is so true, we are realizing this! Thank you. 💕
  • Tiana
    Tiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This is a lovely idea 💕 thank you!
  • Tiana
    Tiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I tried to switch to that mindset this morning ❤️ it's too tiring to stress about those who aren't coming, there's enough to worry about without that!
  • Tiana
    Tiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's very true. 50 is a lovely intimate number 💕
  • Tiana
    Tiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This is a good idea, but I think it's too late at this point! We're less than a month out. Smiley sad
  • Brittany
    Featured August 2023 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Do you have a back-up list? I know its last minute, but you would be surprised about some of those who would of loved to go but didn't get an invite. Our maximum is 32 (including bride and groom), so we have a guest list A; this has all the 30 people we want to invite - usually includes family and close friends. Then we have a guest list B that's about 10 people, distant relatives and more friends and lastly guest list C - this has any co-workers that we get along with but don't really hang out with outside of work.

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wouldn't worry about it, they may be really excited for you and when the invite came out they had other engagements, also keep in mind destination weddings tend to through people off especially when they need to pay for accommodations and travel then wedding gifts, it adds up to them.

50 is still a good amount of people and it will still be an amazing day.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wouldn't worry about. Honestly don't stress about who is coming and not coming. It's not worth it, what matters most is who is coming.

• KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wouldn't worry about it, things come up all the time...perhaps look at offering a live feed for those who cannot attend in person.

• Krista
    Curious June 2022 Alberta
    Krista ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We had a list of 65 and are now at 49. Don’t stress about who is coming or not. The people that matter will be there.
    Also.. smaller weddings save money. So that’s just an added bonus 😉
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We have found quite a few people have turned to nos since our January date even. 10 people that said yes in January have changed their minds....

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics