Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Frequent user September 2022 Saskatchewan

Guests

Cc, on July 6, 2022 at 19:01 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 5
Ok! So I need some advice! Being a small town girl growing up well every one knows me and well yup my wedding is being held there also. Now with that being said well the word of course is out and it's the talk of the town now 🤣🤦‍♀️ people are messaging me asking me in regards to my wedding. I have no idea how to even act upon this now. I literally just read the messages and haven't responded at all. My poor uncle has had people even questioning him about why they ain't called to at my wedding. I have no idea how to handle this.

5 Comments

Latest activity by Derek, on July 8, 2022 at 18:45
  • D
    Devoted September 2022 Alberta
    Derek ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is entirely up to you & your fiance. It is not their decision to make. I'd be completely honest and say that you have not yet decided who to invite yet (it sounds like you are in the process of deciding on your guest list right now).

If you're worried about 'wedding crashers' wrecking the experience, I'd consider appointing somebody in your family (father, uncle, brother, cousins) who you might designate to keep these types out of the ceremony/reception. Another option is to consider hiring security to keep these wedding crashers out of your wedding.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Just be completely honest with people that are asking. That unfortunely you can't invite every single person. There's no need to beat around the bush. This is your wedding day not theirs.

My fiance and I had the same issue right when we got engaged. A whole bunch of relatives from my dads side started asking questions and we just said it's going to be a small wedding no extended family.....

Some people think they're entitled to be a guest at a wedding and it's crazy how people react to these sort of things!

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Remember it's not about them it's about you and your Fiancé. They can ask questions all they want but at the end of the day you decide who is coming and they can look at the pictures later.

• C
    Frequent user September 2022 Saskatchewan
    Cc ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ugh I know!! I was married once before and omg "wedding crashers" it was I had humans drunker than a sailor crash it and just everyone showing up it was a nightmare.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    A town where evryone knows everyone is hard to keep a down low of things happening. The beat way to deal with this situation is by letting your uncle say its up to you to invite who will be on the guest list. At the same time, keeping the information quiet so so one knows whats going on with the wedding. Its your day and most seem to want to crash weddings since they know you personally.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics