Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Ashley
Beginner May 2022 Ontario

Guest transportation

Ashley, on February 1, 2021 at 18:18 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 8
So we are getting married in a small town 25min from Grand Bend, 35-40min to London ON. Our suggested hotels will be in these two places. There is no uber in the area, but are a number of cab companies who get a head up when weddings are at our venue. Because of the distance to hotels I’m getting mixed messages on whether on not its our responsibility to provide transportation to and from our venue. What would everyone else do in our situation?

8 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on February 3, 2021 at 19:55
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Guest transportation is the couple/families part to ensure everyone gets from point A to point B. I do know my brother/parents arranging bus transportation for about 70 family members to get to the venues and back to the hotel for 1 pre event, wedding and reception. It was expensive yet to do out of the budget.

My cousin who got married 4 years ago had done the same for about 400 guests staying at the hotel as it was mainly family. They too had transportation for the same as the wedding and reception was held at the same place. They paid a good heavy price too ensuring everyone got to the destination and back.

• Ashley
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We are actually getting a quote from them. Unsure if they will be in our budget though
  • Kevin
    Curious June 2021 Ontario
    Kevin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

What about Wave Limo. They are located out of Exeter, Ontario I believe. They have a website.

• Ashley
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Good idea! Thanks Smiley smile
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I would make a listing of Bed and Breakfasts (including both airBNB and nonairBNB options) on your website. You can say the primary hotel has a group rate but the others are closer to the venue and let guests choose.

• Ashley
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    The primary hotel will be about 25 minutes away. There are not hotels any closer unfortunately. There are plenty of airbnbs in the 20 minutes away distance as well! Thanks for you input!!
  • Arexy
    Devoted October 2020 Ontario
    Arexy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That is quite the long taxi ride. I would see about getting a bus / shuttle service for your guests. It’s the nice thing to do.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Is there absolutely nothing closer to the venue? It doesn't have to be a fancy hotel, maybe a smaller chain?

A 40 minute highway cab ride won't be cheap and it would be nice for you to provide transportation but if it's completely out of your budget, it's not a must. I've stayed overnight at a hotel before for a wedding and I didn't demand to be given free transportation. They technically don't have to stay at your designated hotel as well. They could find an AirBNB or other accommodation closer to your venue that's closer and probably cheaper, as I have done many times.

That being said, if your guests are coming from really far (like out of town, or out of country), I think you should arrange transportation for them as they would have spent quite a bit just to attend your wedding.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics