Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Taylor
Newbie March 2023 Ontario

Guest photo sharing

Taylor, on January 28, 2023 at 11:40 Posted in Tech support 0 6

We aren’t having a photographer at our reception, and we want our guests to be able to share their photos with us - has anyone done this before? Can we set up an account for people to airdrop to? Do we get little printers? Anyone have any suggestions?

6 Comments

Latest activity by Taylor, on February 2, 2023 at 08:03
  • Taylor
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I love this - a printed book would be great!
  • Taylor
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I love this!
  • Mila
    Frequent user October 2023 Ontario
    Mila ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I intend to use weduploader, guests don’t have to download an app but do have to go to the website to upload and photos go directly to your account. There’s an upgrade version where guests are able to view the images all the guests have uploaded (around $30 usd).
  • Julie
    Featured May 2023 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I decided to do the same thing. Easier to have everyone upload directly to us via Google Photos because I know a few guests that probably will not upload an app for the day.

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have a code for google photos, my friend did this for her wedding and it worked really well, everyone at the wedding was uploading their photos. You just need the app, Create shared album and it will give you a link that you can share with your guest.

We will have a sign at the wedding saying please share your photos at the following links.

Will also provide my phone number, email address so they can also send them to me and I can add them. You can then order directly from google, they have photo book, photo print and canvas prints. So many options.

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You can get people to download the Weddingwire wedshoots app but based on personal experience, a LOT of people are hesitant to install extra one-time apps on their phone so you may not get much through there.

You can also have people share on social media using a specific hashtag but that limits it to active social media users only.

Have you thought about using disposable cameras that you gather at the end of the night and then digitizing the photos?

You can also use kudoboard, basically a digital guest book that people can post pictures and videos to along with a personalized message. It's website/browser based so no need for anyone to install an app and you can print a QR code to be placed at each table for people to access easily and snap pictures. It'll create a collage for you at the end that you can save and print.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics