Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Shantel
Beginner September 2022 Ontario

Guest List !

Shantel, on April 21, 2022 at 23:12 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 36
Hey Brides ! I'm getting married September 2nd 2022 ! I'm ready to send out my invitations but my guest list is too high ! I'm in the process of cutting it down. I'm at 370 guest at the moment.

What's your numbers ?

36 Comments

Latest activity by Derek, on May 11, 2022 at 23:08
  • D
    Featured September 2022 Alberta
    Derek ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ours will be around 80-100, I think. Right now our guest list is around 120 but we expect there will be several cousins/older uncles & aunts (especially on my side of the family) who live out of province and will probably not be able to make the trip.
  • Marissa
    Newbie August 2023 Ontario
    Marissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wrote a list and rounded it down to 200, lol. I have to work on the confirmed number and then work on reducing the number depending on the catering costs, but definitely over 200 people including kids and babies. As a kid, my sister and I weren't invited to a wedding and since then thought we would want to invite kids, so that won't help with my numbers, lots of kids in my family. I'm hoping to do my wedding in the summer weather, so aiming for the end of August, nothing booked yet, so still flexible. All the best on your wedding day and thanks for sharing your story!

• Kelsey
    Frequent user June 2022 Ontario
    Kelsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We invited 85ish (not including vendors) we ended up with 75 accepting (not including vendors)
  • Shantel
    Shantel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Our venue has capacity of 420 but I just needed 280 to keep the room I wanted. Our families are well known as well, so a lot of friends from parents and grandparent. Most of the wedding is being paid for from them.
  • Shantel
    Shantel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Our parents and my grandmother invited their friends as well. We both have big families as well.
  • Shantel
    Shantel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We cut kids, only siblings with kids. Well some family overseas than no longer make it
  • A
    Newbie September 2022 Ontario
    Andrea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Currently sitting at about 140 down from our original 180 - we went through the list and made cuts based on who we were closest too

• Rachay
    Curious August 2022 Ontario
    Rachay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Just finished sending out our invites, we are keeping things small and our venue maxes out at 60. This really forced us to focus on the friends and family that are really close to us and who we feel genuinely support our union. Which I feel is important, don't want any bad vibes at your wedding!

• A
    Newbie September 2022 Alberta
    Anna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh yeah that's fair. We had a maybe list of people too. They would receive invites depending on how thing played out
  • Shantel
    Shantel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    The room we booked needed 280 to keep, so I felt we went kind of overboard because we thought we wouldn't have enough
  • A
    Anna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We were originally around the same number. We ended up cutting it down to about 340. With the way things are looking based on who we've told informally so far, it seems our final number will look closer to 275. Some have existing conflicts or they're afraid to travel/attend. We have big families too. It's hard to say no to family. We ended up cutting out some work related friends, which removed about 30 or 40. When we were closer to 400, we cut out all kid invites except for family kids since that was 30-40 kids...

• P
    Newbie October 2022 British Columbia
    Pam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

From 370 to 300 is doable if you can cut down on people you have not met before.

We are from BC, need 50 people to keep the room, we kept the invite around 60 ppl, we are sitting at 55 now, we told ppl to leave their kids at home with a sitter, minimize plus ones that we do not know, and cut down work friends. We kinda got lucky that parents and relatives aren't that involved due to covid. If friends who can celebrate with you over a drink/or a dinner, you could invite them to celebrate with you on a different date, keep the wedding for closer friends only. Smiley smile

• D
    Featured September 2022 Alberta
    Derek ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our guest numbers are about 100, but from what my parents have told me many of my cousins and older relatives will not be able to come (wedding is in Alberta and they live in BC). Some of my friends with young children, who are also on the guest list, have said only they will come and their children will be left with a sitter. So that narrows things a bit more. Best guess, actual numbers will be around 80-90.
  • Kara
    Kara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We were originally at 120 pre pandemic. But it seems like half our guest list is still concerned about covid and the other half decided they’ll be travelling on our wedding. So we will be lucky to receive 70
  • Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ohhhhhhh okay. Understandable.
    But yeah, just have to let them know that it’s going over too much and ask them to assist with removing people as you do not want that many.
  • A
    Newbie September 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We initially had 80-90 folks for our wedding on September 1, 2022. We had to cut the guest amounts due to finances. We are now at 36 people! Will be sending out invites in the next month.

• Samantha
    Beginner June 2022 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My wedding is June 18, 2022! We invited 150, sitting at almost 100 right now!

• KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have some time before the STD's and invites go out- we estimated 90 for the venue and currently we are sitting at 76

• Kelsey
    Kelsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Wow! We have 90 people total including vendors. It's about 83 without vendors included. Even that seems high to me, I'm glad it's not any more than that
  • Paige
    Newbie September 2024 Ontario
    Paige ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We said we want about 50-75 people maximum our guest list is around 73 but I know that extended family overseas will not attend so we are giving them the option to send a video to us as if they could be there and what they would say 😊
  • Krista
    Newbie June 2022 Alberta
    Krista ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    June 2022, our list is sitting at 60!
  • Shantel
    Shantel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    So we needed 260 people to keep the room we booked . But we both have big families and I feel because our parents are helping with the wedding they kinda went overboard with their invites.
  • Rebecca
    Newbie October 2022 Alberta
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Exciting ! I'm a October 2022 Bride ~ Approx 75-80 Guests for us ! Smiley smile

• Dessa
    Frequent user September 2023 British Columbia
    Dessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We started at 62..cut it to 35. That was the plan but then our wedding venue is 50 max so we decided to go up to 50 seeing as we are paying for 50 meals. Sitting at 48 including us and have a B list for the declines to bring it up to 50. Keeping it small and intimate allows us to spend money on some free drinks etc.
  • Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Wow!
    Once you know the maximum number of guest. Look at the list and see who are very close to you, that you’ve spoken at in the last 6 months and remove the 70 people that are not.

We had our wedding at about 65 grant total, 55 guests or so. We used the venue that was smaller because it was the main one available AND as can keep the invite for very close family and friends.
  • Shi-Jiuan
    Shi-Jiuan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Sent out our invites. We are having mostly family since it is an intimate wedding. We have around 50 people we invited!
  • Marsha
    Devoted July 2022 Ontario
    Marsha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yea guest list is one of the most trickiest - i started at wanting an intimate wedding at 125, then it went up to 150 i said ok lets not exceed 160, well now we are an even number of 200. But we are now at our final list. Save the dates went out in Jan and we are sending evites no later than Apr 30th. Good luck! we had some rules to help with keeping the number down.

no plus one - only bring spouse if married or common law

no kids

• Maggnard-Smanta
    Devoted July 2022 Quebec
    Maggnard-Smanta ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Wow 370!
    We invited around 200 but are expecting around 150.

• Meghan
    Devoted September 2022 Ontario
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We just sent out our invites! our guest list is 121!

• Shantel
    Shantel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I need 260 to keep the room but I want to cap it to 300.
  • Malyssa
    Expert October 2022 Alberta
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh boy - I always know it can be tough for those with large families and large friend groups to cut your numbers. I think Vinod has a great suggestion of making two lists, so if you have some declines you could offer their seats up. Do you have a number you are trying to get to??

We are looking at MAYBE 50 totally (currently numbers on my guest list are 52 but I think a few of those wont be able to make it)

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Before sending out the invites, edit your guest list into group A and B so you can have time to send the second batch when declines are received. This way you know the final count bt the 6 week time frame for the venue and vendors.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics