Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kelsey
Frequent user August 2022 Alberta

Guest List

Kelsey, on January 1, 2022 at 15:42 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 6
Hello lovelies!

I just sent out our now third set of invites (covid brides unite!) for our wedding in August 2022. We are asking for RSVPs by the end of March to help us with budgeting and costs and whatnot. Just wondering what other people are doing for timelines for RSVPs? How strict do you plan on being on your deadline? Obviously a level of flexibility is assumed with covid maybe changing things.
TIA for your input 😊

6 Comments

Latest activity by Hank, on January 1, 2022 at 23:14
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For August 13, I would suggest having your RSVP deadline by end of June. That gives you six weeks to give your venue/caterer the final count.

You can send them as early as April in case you're concerned about people needing to make travel plans but in my experience, the longer you give an RSVP time frame, the more likely people will forget and you'll need to nudge them anyway. Plus, August is prime travelling season and it'll be priced higher regardless of when they book.

Also, you should be budgeting based on all invitees potentially attending, not on what the final count is. If you cannot afford a wedding with everyone you're inviting potentially RSVPing yes, you shouldn't invite them.

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thats definitely early for RSVPS. Were sending out invites in Feb for a May wedding. Haven't decided on a deadline yet but standard practice is 4-6 weeks before the wedding
  • C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That is very early to get RSVPs in by. A lot of people will RSVP early anyway but given the current situation, I wouldn't ask people to make that decision so soon - especially given they have to travel. I'd guess you're not going to get them all by then. Our RSVP deadline was one month out from our wedding (and most people were travelling technically) because we needed to give our venue numbers 21 days out (things did change because of covid the week before but that wasn't an issue). This was the perfect timeline. Obviously there was flexibility with us as well given the pandemic.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

No we live in Edmonton Ab and getting married in Kelowna BC. All of our guests are traveling to Kelowna and they know that our wedding is in august since we've had to postpone twice now and sent out save the new date last year. And considering how often restrictions keep on changing, I wouldn't want to my guests to rsvp too early

• Kelsey
    Frequent user August 2022 Alberta
    Kelsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Are you a local wedding? We are out of town and want to give people time to book hotels before they get crazy expensive.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiance and I are August 7th. We're planning to send out invites the first week of May and rsvps need to be in by the first week of July.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics