Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Teresa
Frequent user November 2018 Ontario

Guest list

Teresa, on April 27, 2017 at 00:34 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 8

Hello everyone!

Kinda annoyed here. I have 3 sets of cousins 2 of which I really want to invite and the other, not so much only 'cause we hardly see them, like, ever and they're the type of people who would talk crap (been done in the past) if they don't get invited. Should I not invite the other 2 for there to not be as much drama or should I invite and not even think about inviting the cousins I never see?

I know i'm the one paying for the wedding and it's up to me, but should I invite them so I doin't have to hear about it? :/

8 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on January 30, 2018 at 13:52
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Of your clise to two of three cousins and want to invite them, do so. The other leave out. If there are questions why they were not invited, your to the max thats all.
  • Jessica
    Frequent user July 2018 Nova Scotia
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm not inviting any of my cousins, yet my FH is inviting his, I'm also only inviting one of my mom's 3 sisters and all of my dads siblings... it's a matter of who I want there and who I don't, who has been more involved in our lives... if they don't like it then that's just too bad Smiley smile Do what makes YOU happy

• Rachel
    Devoted November 2017 Ontario
    Rachel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have family that we aren't inviting either...they arent close with us, they don't try to be involved in our lives even though we've tried with them and yes we've been invited to their weddings, showers, etc but we have a limited number of space and we only want the people there we truly love and care about and i know we will be starting some talk in the family but they will have to deal.....do whats best for you...this is your big day and you have to be happy with who surrounds you!

• Shannon
    Devoted June 2020 British Columbia
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I agree with the general consensus of inviting who you want. I have one grandparent I'm not inviting and none of my biological aunts, uncles, or cousins. Instead I am inviting family friends who have been more family to me than my biological relatives. It's about surrounding yourself with love and positivity.
  • Hannah
    Frequent user March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Hannah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You wedding should be filled with people you want there! Invite the cousins you want present and don't invite the others. Who cares what they have to say about it??
  • Sabrina
    Curious July 2017 Ontario
    Sabrina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Dont invite them. I have a set I dont talk to either and I'm not your inviting them. It's your day have those you care about there.
  • Faith
    Devoted October 2017 Ontario
    Faith ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I agree with Zoe. It's your day. Don't let that one cousin spoil it. Have fun relax. It's a memorable moment so only bring those who you want to share in it with you.
  • Zoë
    Master June 2020 Ontario
    Zoë ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Teresa!

How are you doing? I was happy to read your discussion this morning Smiley smile

I think you should do what feels best. At the end it's your special day and it doens't matter what people say or think.

How is the planning going? Smiley heart

I made this game this week to find out what color dress your bridesmaids should wear:

Test: Which Color Should Your Bridesmaids Wear?

I think you will like it! Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics