Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jessica
Frequent user July 2018 Nova Scotia

Guest favours..

Jessica, on May 14, 2017 at 10:34 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 16
Hi all,
Just a quick low down on my wedding, it's going to be small with about 40 guests, on a lake with no traditional sit down dinner or dancing, just a big family BBQ and bonfire, I'm wondering if it's completely tacky to not have guest favours? We are going to have sparklers for everyone around the fire and bug spray to be used, I just don't know if I should or want to spend the money to have guest favours..

16 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on January 30, 2018 at 11:59
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We did give favours as thank you for aattending even for their money given to us in return.

Guest favours.. 1

Guest favours.. 2
  • Jessica
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks, i was thinking of putting a cute tag on them, since its such a casual affair.. Its honestly more like a typical family bbq than a wedding lol
  • Laura
    Super September 2017 Alberta
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I thought about not having favours since we are doing open bar and all the food and while I have decided against getting my brother to make wine for everyone I am still going to do something small, just a little plantable paper thank you. Smiley heart It is all up to you since it sounds like it is quite casual you could probably to a little ribbon around the sparklers with a thank you note and call it done or since you are doing a bonfire I have seen some really cute DIY's with mini marshmallows and teddy grahams or graham cereal and chocolate chips. You could do something like that for under $20. Smiley heart

• Kate
    Expert July 2017 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeFsWbvixw0&t=51s . easy to make fairy glow jars.

• Kate
    Expert July 2017 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Written by Jessica:

Quoted

Written by Kate:

As I was told since they are taking time out of their lives to come to the wedding. a small thank you, wedding favour would be the right thing to do. I made fairy glow jars. very cheap to make.

What are they, how do you make them?

They are easy to make Just look on youtube Fairy Glow jars. just jars with glow paint. set them out in the sun and they will glow all night.

• M
    Curious October 2017 British Columbia
    Mel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Personally I don't feel favors necessary, I'm already putting so much money into it but I will do a big thank you over the Mic after speaches
  • Katherine
    Super September 2017 New Brunswick
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am not doing traditional favors... Someone from each table will "win" the centerpeices... My MIL and I will be making napkins which the guests can choose to take or not... I think the sparklers will be a nice favor.
  • Melissa
    Beginner July 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yea I agree with most of the brides here. They are coming to your wedding and they may give you gifts so think of it as a thank you gift not so much a favour. You could easily put together something cheap and cute if you look on pinterest.

• Jessica
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    What are they, how do you make them?
  • Louise
    Devoted September 2017 Quebec
    Louise ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    As you wish Smiley smile Just be aware when you ask for brides opinions, they will give it to you. If you already know you can't afford it and have made your decision. Why start the discussion?
  • Kate
    Expert July 2017 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

As I was told since they are taking time out of their lives to come to the wedding. a small thank you, wedding favour would be the right thing to do. I made fairy glow jars. very cheap to make.

• Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Well then it looks like you've made your decision.
  • Jessica
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Honestly our budget doesnt even allow 1.60 maybe I'm selfish but I'm not having a gift registry and just don't feel I should have to do favours... I'm already making all the food and providing drinks, more DIY may just be too much work for a small family gathering.
  • L
    Devoted September 2017 Saskatchewan
    Lyz ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It wouldn't be a terrible idea to have a favor. I saw on pinterest making rice Krispy squares, cutting them into the shape of hearts, and then dipping half in chocolate and giving that for favors. would go well for a BBQ I think and very cost friendly!
  • Louise
    Devoted September 2017 Quebec
    Louise ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I agree with Lisa on this one. Most people will give a generous gift or money. Giving them a gift/favour just shows them you appreciate them being there.
    You could also handmake/DIY something as you don't have a crazy amount of guests. I am buying and hand making mine for 80 guests. It is a nice touch.
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    In my opinion, if the guests are giving a gift, favours are a must. I managed to find a cool favour (well I think it is lol) for 1.60 each. So it's not bad! Or you can make a donation on behalf of your guests.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics