Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Carol
Super March 2018 Ontario

Guest entertainment

Carol, on August 14, 2017 at 08:20 Posted in Wedding reception 0 12
I would love some suggestions, that we can add into our reception to add a little fun throughout the reception. We have a thing for the Bride and Groom kisses, and we have to do the chicken dance because it's just silly, I don't want to do the garter but we probably will, and of course the bouquet toss. Do you think that is enough or maybe something else?

12 Comments

Latest activity by Rekramer, on August 15, 2017 at 16:35
  • Rekramer
    Expert November 2018 Ontario
    Rekramer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeah, those are usually a good time filler. One game I really like is where you sit back to back, and swap shoes, and then people say a thing you do and you raise the shoe for the person that that thing is most relevant for, and everyone laughs. Because it'll be like "whose more romantic" and you'll both raise the other shoe.

• Carol
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Carol ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We have actually decided not to do speeches. One because we are having a later wedding, and with cocktail hour, then dinner, I don't want it to go past 9 for the dancing. Two because my Fiance has someone on his side that plans on trying to be funny, and it just ends up either be horribly embarrassing, in the worst way, or we end up being mad at the person for a few weeks.
  • Carol
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Carol ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh I like that idea!
  • Donna
    Curious April 2018 Ontario
    Donna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're not going to do the garter toss, but I am going to give my bouquet to the couple who has been married the longest. We're thinking about having an informal photo booth with a camera set up on a tripod and a few props for people to take their own photos. We went to another wedding where this was done and everyone really enjoyed it.

• Rekramer
    Expert November 2018 Ontario
    Rekramer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Dancing and speeches and food usually keep people busy. We've considered putting out cute games on some tables to keep people amused.

• Carol
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Carol ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are doing a photo booth, the company creates a copy of all the guests photos for us along with the guests having a copy, in thought that was pretty cool. We have pretty much decided no to the garter and bouquet toss also. I love the Bride and Groom shoe question game idea so that will be added for sure.
  • Tiffany
    Devoted October 2017 Ontario
    Tiffany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh this would be so fun!!

• Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We thought about doing a photobooth but decided against it because we thought it might take away from the dancing! We didn't do a garter or bouquet toss and everyone seemed perfectly fine! We had a lot of compliments about how fun and great our wedding was!

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We aren't having any games at our wedding and we aren't doing a garter or bouquet toss. I think people will have a great time socializing and dancing the night away.

• Katherine
    Super September 2017 New Brunswick
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are doing the shoe game. Bride and groom sit back to back and answer questions with their shoes. Example "who is the better driver" I would hold up my shoe and he would probably hold up his.
  • Carol
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Carol ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That sounds cool, lol. Unfortunately my dad has passed, but maybe we can do it with my brother and his brother. Thanks for the idea.
  • Chloe
    Super May 2018 Ontario
    Chloe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I saw something cool at a friend's wedding where both the father of the bride and the father of the groom had to face each other and they gave them a list of bad "dad jokes," and they took turns reading them to each other. The goal was for them not to laugh. It was really funny!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics