Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Valerie
VIP April 2017 Ontario

Groomsmen attire

Valerie, on December 16, 2016 at 12:31 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 18

Hey lovely ladies!

We bought FH's suit, shirt, tie and cuff links last week. He's going with a plain white shirt and his suit is black with a VERY LIGHT pattern (I'll try and post a full pic later)

FH Tie and Cuff Links

And since there was a great sale on ties (BOGO) I found one that I really liked that would work for all the GM. They will be in their own black suits with white shirts, I was thinking I would have 2 with teal tie and pocket squares and 2 with turquoise tie and pocket squares (to match the BMs). But then I came across this tie with both teal and turquoise (the picture looks more silver, but it looks closer to a light turquoise in person) and I thought it would work perfect for all the GM... but now I don't know what to do for the pocket square.

Groom and GM ties

Groom and GM ties

GM Ties with BM colour swatches

I don't really want to do boutonniere, since FH has a lapel pin to match my necklace, so that's why I was thinking a pocket square would look good... but now I'm finding it impossible to find something that has the teal AND turquoise in it.

So my question is do you think I should....

a) Get a silver pocket square? (though there is no other silver in the wedding, colours are purple, shades of teal and white)

b) Get different ties?

c) Get plain teal OR turquoise pocket squares? (since I think 2 and 2 would look weird with all the same tie)

Thanks in advance!

18 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on January 25, 2018 at 08:33
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ge the stripe ties for your FH and groomsmen, the pocket squares should be solid and matching the colour to your wedding colours.
  • Laura
    Super September 2017 Alberta
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

They must be related to my FH who pretty much has the same reponse anytime I ask him his opinion. I am actually considering doing some origami cranes or something paper instead of pocket squares, I have seen some really cute ideas (first thing FH ever gave me was a paper crane he made out of the paper napkin ring at a restaurant) you might have better luck finding paper that matches the colours and I think your bouquet is paper already. Just an idea and I am certain whatever you do will be amazing and perfect! Smiley smile Smiley heart

• Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I second that!

• Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Can't wait for photos!!
  • Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thank you everyone for the feedback! I think I'm going to try out a light grey/silver pocket square on FH to see how I like it... I'll post photos when I get one

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks Em!

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

They're beautiful Valerie ! You have a great talent for colour matching ! Smiley love

• Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi Valerie, I like ties you and FH picked out. I would say the silver pocket square is a good choice and will go well with the ties.
  • Katherine
    Super September 2017 New Brunswick
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I like ties you have picked... And like the idea of silver pocket squares the best.
  • Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Right... companies that don't ship to Canada are jerks! And you are super sweet, but I don't know if it would be so reasonably priced after exchange and shipping. But I'll let you know if I don't find anything else I like.

You're the bestSmiley winking

• Samtam
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

They won't ship to Canada? WTH If you want, you can have them sent to me and I'll mail them to you!

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

OMG those 2 colours on the right are freaking perfect! But I'm sad that it does ship to Canada Smiley cry

Maybe I'll just make them... I mean it's a square with an edge... not rocket science

• Samtam
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Haha yeah sounds like it's all up to you! Smiley winking Silver is pretty neutral so I don't think it will look out of place and would just make the ties stand out more. So if you want the focus more on the ties, I'd say go silver. If not, then the teal! Do you know if Moores has any multicoloured ones? The ones that came with my guys' suits had 4 colours (from Moores) and when you folded it a certain way, it would show all the colours. I feel like if you were to find a blue one like that, it might incorporate all your colours! Maybe like this? https://poshmark.com/listing/Multicolored-silk-pocket-square-57f141736a583081fb0a1535?utm_campaign=referral_code%3DHBCRY&utm_content=feature%3Dsh_l%26rfuid%3D4edfb3e43d64131963000dbb%26post_roll%3Dstitched_v1&utm_source=pi_sh_pub

Multicoloured Pocket Square

Multicoloured Pocket Square

And if you do a 3 or 4 point fold, you could see all the colours!

4 Point Fold

4 Point Fold

• Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think silver pocket squares would look rather sharpe !

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I definitely PREFER to see it all together, but non of the GM live near us and getting them to try things on so I can see... just wouldn't happen unless I bugged the hell out of them. And I don't have the engery for that, haha. Maybe I'll pick up a light grey one and test it out on FH to see...

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The swatches are from the BM dresses. I think silver/light grey (the colour in the tie) would look nice but it's not really one of the wedding colours, you don't think it will look too out of place? But I do also love that dark teal with it and it wouldn't be TOO difficult to find (Moores only had a turquoise colour).

FH says whatever I like, sigh. And trying to ask the GM things is ridiculously difficult (even though half of them are MY brothers lol). They all just say, just tell me what to wear and I'll do it, trying to get an opinion out of any of them is like pulling teeth.

• Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love the ties! I actually think the silver might work really well with them! I usually have to see something all together before really knowing if I like the look or not but just picturing it in my head and I think it would fit nicely together!

• Samtam
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love the ties you found! That's so great that you found teal and turquoise in one! And they compliment your groom's tie since the stripes are going in the same direction. I love that!

For the pocket squares, I think you could do silver if you want and I think it would make the ties stand out more since they're more colourful. Otherwise I like the plain teal ones. (Is that the one on the left?) The lighter colour doesn't seem to match the ties very well and the one on the left really pulls out that darker colour.

Hope that helps! What does your groom think?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics