Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jessie
Newbie September 2024 Ontario

Groomsmen are all from our of town. Suit help?

Jessie, on August 20, 2023 at 15:44 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 4
Hi all! My fiance and I are facing a dilemma with attire for our party. All of my bridespeople are from my city, but all 4 of my fiance's groomsmen are from different cities. In fact, 2 of them are from another country! What's the best way to get their attire together? We are going fairly casual and we're thinking we would pick a colour theme and a style and ask them to find something as close as possible where they live. We don't care about matching exactly. We were thinking like if they all bought, for example, plain white button ups and black pants, and then we ordered them ties or vests from Azazie that match the bridesmaids dresses, that might work. Thoughts?

Also worth noting that 2 of the bridespersons are men, so we're thinking that groomsmen would have ties and male bridespersons would have vests. Or vice versa. Any thoughts on other ways to differentiate between them?

4 Comments

Latest activity by Carine, on August 23, 2023 at 09:13
  • C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

One of our groomsman is out of town. We told them black jacket, black shirt and pants. We bought their ties and pocket scarves this way they are all matching. We don't care if it's not the same suit, just as long as they match.

• KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our son in law is American, we bought his suit with his measurements, and since they only need two weeks for alterations he will be visiting us before the wedding day

• Jackie
    Devoted September 2023 Alberta
    Jackie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi! I am in a very similar situation, my fiancé is American so 3 of his 4 groomsmen are from out of town. And I have 3 brothers I want as bridesmen. It is hard to make sure everyone is matching so I went with pretty easy too - all 7 men are wearing black suits and shoes with white shirts. I got the ties for all 7 from this really cool website called Knotty tie. They have the ability to colour design your own ties AND they offer a match to most Azazie colours (my bridesmaids are wearing 2 colours from Azazie). Then I got the groomsmen all the same boutonnière from Etsy and my FH got them all black socks with little white moustaches on them as a part of his gift to them.

To differentiate, my brothers won’t be wearing the boutonnières, instead I ordered them pocket squares from Knotty tie in the 2 colours my bridesmaids are wearing.

• Mila
    Frequent user October 2023 Ontario
    Mila ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Similar situation so we asked all the men to wear grey pants, and white shirts. We bought them the ties, the groomsmen and bridesmen have different colours.

I like the idea of having vests and ties. You could also do bow tie vs long ties. I think what you’ve thought of and decided thus far will work great!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics