Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

KELLY
Super October 2023 Ontario

Groom Attire

KELLY, on January 12, 2022 at 18:10 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 8

Hey All,

We are getting married at a nice hotel in October right beside Lake Ontario. We have our kids as our wedding party (3 girls and 1 boy). As we will only need suits for my FH and his son, we aren't sure about renting/buying or suit/tuxedo. What are your fellas doing?

8 Comments

Latest activity by KELLY, on January 23, 2022 at 23:07
  • KELLY
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Hank,
    I spoke with my FH and we both agreed that purchasing a high quality suit would be more beneficial than renting a tuxedo. As for his son, his mother is marrying her partner a year before us and are certain that he will be wearing a suit at her wedding, we will either use the same suit or rent one to match his at our wedfing
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Untrue. Ton of purchase options that are more affordable than a rental. It won't be the best craftsmanship but even if you get 2-3 wears out of it vs the one you get from a rental, it's already a much better deal.

The only time I would argue a rental might be worth it is if you're wearing a tuxedo and have no plans to ever wear one again beyond a wedding.

• BreddGar
    Curious March 2023 Greater London
    BreddGar ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The best economy option is to rent suits. It's both cheaper and won't take up space after the wedding.

• Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ah, if he's 18, that's a whole different story. When you said boy, I assumed he was 10 and under hahaha.

In that case, I would buy the suit for both your fiance and his son. He may not wear it often but at 18, there will be a need for it in the next two years (prom, job interview, etc). Tons of options that costs less than what you pay for a rental and because you'll be able to get it tailored, it'll look good on him.

How formal are you two going for the wedding? Is your fiance leaning more towards tuxedo or suit?

• KELLY
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks Hank,

His son is 18 but I am certain he would never wear it again, so perhaps purchase my FH and rent his sons....

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I totally agree with Hank, There's no point in buying your son a suit since he won't be able to fit into it in a few years.

My fiance is leaning towards buying a suit. It'll be cheaper then buying and that way he'll have a new suit for years to come

• Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Great call Hank! I totally agree!!

• Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My groomsmen and I all purchased our tuxedos because it was cheaper than renting them (and we get to keep them for future use). In your case, I would buy for your fiance's suit and rent for the boy. He will likely grow out of it too fast for a purchased one to be of any use.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics