Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Noelle
Beginner July 2018 Alberta

Greenery

Noelle, on January 4, 2018 at 16:09 Posted in DIY 0 13
What is the best way to go if you’d like to incorporate lots of greenery? Real or fake? What should I expect to spend? Any places with reasonable prices? Thank you!

13 Comments

Latest activity by Candace, on March 23, 2018 at 12:18
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are incorporating a lot of fake greenery that we have purchased off of Amazon. We have gotten a few packs that have 10-12 vines in them for like $20 on amazon and we are also looking at Michaels to help get a variety to the greenery.

• Danielle
    Curious November 2018 Ontario
    Danielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You'll need to know if any of your guests have allergies because that will determine if you use real or fake.

• Ashley
    Frequent user August 2018 British Columbia
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I purchase artificial greenery vines from this wedding buy and sell page on facebook. I got 7 6ft strands for $70!!! I would imagine it may cost you an arm and a leg from the florist but it wouldn't hurt to inquire!

• Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey! I'm not sure how you want to incorporate greenery. I know greenery garlands tend to be super pricey if you get them made through a florist.

We want to have something at the alter for the ceremony, so we're going to get a garland made, then re-purpose it somewhere for the reception, so we get good use out of one large floral decor piece.

I'm not sure how good fake greenery looks, and how the price compares. I never considered fake florals because of the whole "what do you do with it after?" thing. But if you're DIYing greenery garlands or something, you can get bunches of greenery from costco or safeway floral departments.

Also...I'm not sure what you're doing with the greenery, but I saw a killer DIY by the Sorry Girls on Youtube where they made a table runner.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I recently spoke to a florists yesterday and she told me that using a single type of greenery versus various types will bring down the price because there's less variety.

Hope that helps!

• Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Noelle, have you worked out some ways to include your greenery? Do you have any inspo pics that you are going to try to emulate?

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you're on a tight budget, you can also look at fake greenery either at Michael's (I hear they have a good selection of flowers in general) or online with afloral.com , for example).

• M
    Expert July 2018 Alberta
    Marina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That is great Stephanie! You’re really lucky!
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

My future mother-in-law has a green thumb so I plan on bringing her along to shop and ask if she will help plant. I've already told her I will be having a planting party and she seemed interested in helping!

• M
    Expert July 2018 Alberta
    Marina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Stephanie that sounds like a great plan!
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My plan is to go to a greenhouse or garden centre in the spring to get my plants and transfer them to my own pots to grow. It'll be cheaper that way then to go through a florist. I think you can do the same for greenery.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would talk to a local florist. I have often found that fake greenery and flowers don't look as good as real but that is my personal view.

• Jennifer
    Frequent user September 2018 British Columbia
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Where in Alberta are you getting married? Smiley smile

I would reach out to a few florists and get some quotes - a lot of them do greenery.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics