Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Michelle
Beginner November 2022 Ontario

Gothic Romantic Wedding

Michelle, on May 25, 2019 at 19:02 Posted in Plan a wedding 1 9
Anyone else having a gothic or a red/black wedding?? Or have you had a unique wedding like this??
We are having a gothic romantic wedding, with reds, black & burgundy. I'm definitely planning on having a unique dress, I'd prefer a black & red or all black dress.
Looking for any ideas or suggestions you may have for DIY or anything related to a wedding like this.
Thank you🖤!

Gothic Romantic Wedding 1

Gothic Romantic Wedding 2

Gothic Romantic Wedding 3

Gothic Romantic Wedding 4

Gothic Romantic Wedding 5

9 Comments

Latest activity by Michelle, on May 30, 2019 at 19:22
  • Michelle
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank youu🖤🖤
    I definitely will, I know there is not a HUGE selection of black wedding dresses, so I may have to get a elegant prom dress or get one custom made. Still not quite sure yet. I'm waiting until January to start looking because I had gastric bypass surgery on 10.30.18, I've lost 125lbs & I wanna loose another 50lbs to get to my goal 😁 I don't want to dress shop till I have an idea of what size I will be lol
  • Michelle
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank youu🖤🖤🖤!!
    We love the dark, moody, gothic vibe with the romance of candles & roses, it's like the best of both worlds lol
    Oh I really love the idea of a black & red or all black dress!
    Oh yes, our wedding song(first dance) is Forever by Kiss. We are a rock couple, so there will be lots of rock music at our wedding!! 😁
  • Janaya
    Expert August 2019 Saskatchewan
    Janaya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

YES! I love that dress inspo! please post pics when you go dress shopping

• Brittany
    Devoted August 2019 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We were just at a red and black gothic wedding this weekend!

They actually did balloon centerpieces and decor. With black, red and white damask balloons. That was beautiful, inexpensive, and lended well to the theme.

She did a white dress with flared sleeves, with black features (ribbons, pattern) and then had a red flower in her hair.. and her dress had a hood which was pretty cool.

A black or red dress would be beautiful too though!

I totally love the dark and moody vibe, not for myself, but I think it's really cool. Your wedding will be beautiful.

Have you thought about any music yet?

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It seems you and just dark elegance. Everything looks to fit your theme and colours. As they say be yourself and don't change what you love.

• Michelle
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks a bunch🖤🖤!! I'm excited to see how it all works out!! 😁
  • Shla
    Devoted October 2021 Ontario
    Shla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I did a ton of DIY. Even made the table overlays haha. Glitter skulls. I painted salt and pepper shakers for the tables the salt were ghosts and the pepper were tombstones haha.

I absolutely LOVE dark winter weddings! That's what we wanted originally, too, this time. Wish it could have worked. I can't wait to see pics of yours!
  • Michelle
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oh that must of been so much fun! My mom was surprised I wasn't doing it on Halloween, but we wanted our wedding anniversary to be the same as our relationship anniversary (November 27th 2020 will be 13years exactly together!)
    Did you do a lot of DIY?
    Thank you, I'm so excited to see it all come together 😍🖤❤️
  • Shla
    Devoted October 2021 Ontario
    Shla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My first wedding was Halloween back in 2010. I wore black and there were skulls and whatnot everywhere. I am in love with your theme! Love the dark, moody vibe. 😍

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics