Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Newbie September 2021 Ontario

Glassware

Kirsty, on March 2, 2021 at 10:24 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 7
Do we need real glassware for our outdoor wedding? Or are plastic cups from the bartending company ok?

Or should we get glassware to start the evening and transition into plastic? We are doing cocktail style with no sit down meal

7 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on March 4, 2021 at 12:16
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You can compromise for glassware and plastic as mentioned by everyone to have wine and beer for glass and plastic for other drinks. You choose to eliminate glassware and go plastic all the way, its fine too since I had attended my in laws reception who did plastic only. Guests are going to enjoy themselves and not pay attention to what they drink from.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Whenever I host larger events, I rent glassware for wine and serve beer in bottles or cans. I personally don't like plastic (for both aesthetic and environmental reasons). If you rent glassware, you don't have to clean them. They come in trays where each glass is placed into a slot. You just have to return them undamaged.

• K
    Kirsty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes less mess and cleanup! You can get some high quality disposable glasses!
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Seems like a good compromise then!
  • K
    Kirsty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Glass for wine only sounds like a good idea!

I feel a lot of our older guests would prefer to drink out of a glass vs. Plastic. And the bulk of them would be wine drinkers.
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We had all plastic at our reception. Since my parents were hosting it was dad's request that there be as few dishes as possible. No one commented on not having glass glasses (even for wine). A few people even thought the plates were china until they picked them up.
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    For mixed drinks im doing plastic cups, for wine im doing glass. Mainly because I don't want to wash a bunch of cups but also our venue supplies cups but not enough glass ones for the full night. Wine out of a plastic cup seems silly to me and I doubt there will be many wine drinkers at our wedding

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics