Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kateland
Curious September 2019 Ontario

Glasses or no?

Kateland, on October 23, 2018 at 12:07 Posted in Beauty 0 12

Hi!

I am a daily blind with out them glasses wearer and I hardly ever wear contacts. Are you wearing your glasses on your big day, or not?

12 Comments

Latest activity by Heather, on August 15, 2022 at 14:39
  • H
    Newbie May 2023 Ontario
    Heather ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm going to be wearing my glasses. I've worn them so long that people say I look strange without them. I want to look like myself not some stranger.
  • Sharlene
    Expert August 2019 Alberta
    Sharlene ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Great suggestion about not wearing your contacts until it is time for make up. Contacts dry out my eyes. I will carry eye drops and contact solution with me just in case my eyes become too dry.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The wedding day i wore contacts 2 sets to keep my eyes refreshed. Normally i wear glasses every day. Pictures wise, i didn't want to feel blind or be taking my glasses off often and forgetting it.
  • Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm wearing my glasses. We might take them off for one or two pictures, but I just don't look like myself without glasses!

Same with my fiancé.

• Lydia
    Devoted June 2019 British Columbia
    Lydia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Id just go for glasses, or else at least get used to contacts. But FH loves you with glasses Smiley winking and people know you like that too.
    I wouldn't recommend going blind, especially on photos cause going without your glasses might cause you to squint (even if you don't really notice it yourself)
  • Kateland
    Kateland ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That makes sense! i have my nose pierced and considered taking it out for the wedding and my fiance was very sad about that! He loves it and so do I so I'll wear it! Smiley smile

• Kateland
    Kateland ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Smart!

Because I almost never wear contacts, pretty much nobody has seen me without glasses in... more than a decade. We're not getting married til 430 so i'll wear my glasses til i get my makeup done, wear my contacts for the ceremony and some of the reception and then put my glasses on!

I'm afraid I'll feel less like "me" if I don't have them on!

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm a daily glasses only wearer. Contacts only when at amusement parks and when I play sports. Both my fiance and I agree that I should wear my glasses for the wedding. It's who I am and he loves my glasses. He's actually really against me wearing contacts for the wedding, he really loves me and my glasses.
  • Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Definitely give yourself a few months of wearing them occasionally just to get a better idea of how they work with your eyes, and that way you also have the ability to switch brands if needed!
  • Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’ll be wearing my contacts. I have monthly use ones so my eyes don’t actually get that dry, but even then I probably won’t put them on until it’s time for my makeup to be done. My fiancé will also be wearing his contact lenses unless he changes his mind.
  • Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am hoping to wear contacts for my wedding. I've never worn them before so I'll have to try them out before the big day to see if there's any problems/get used to them. Hopefully it all goes smoothly.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hello fellow 4 eyes! lol I too wear glasses everyday! I will be wearing contacts on my big day but might take some pictures with them on as well. I basically wear glasses daily but contacts when I go out or have family functions so a mix of people have only seen me one way while the others only know the other. I figure I will wear glasses while getting ready until makeup is to be done at which point I will go blind for a couple hours as to prolong the use of them as I will be wearing them the whole night and don't want them to dry my eyes out too much.

Morning - glasses

Mid-day - blind

Pictures - both

Ceremony and Reception - contacts

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics