Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Raphaela
Frequent user June 2018 Alberta

Giving thank you gifts to bridal party

Raphaela, on March 9, 2018 at 23:53 Posted in Before the wedding 0 13
When is a good time to give my girls their thank you gifts? Is it always just right before the wedding like rehearsal dinner or getting ready? I’m wondering if it would be weird to give them their gifts at my bachelorette? Help please!

13 Comments

Latest activity by Jennifer, on March 12, 2018 at 15:00
  • Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    After the rehearsal my girls are coming to my place for a sleepover so I’ll give them their gifts then bc there will be some things for them to use that night and the next morning when we’re getting ready for the big day!
  • Kristine
    Frequent user October 2017 Ontario
    Kristine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Both my DH and I did our gifts at the rehearsal dinner.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I did mine while we were getting ready as both my BMs live far away and the rehearsal dinner was chaotic.

• Karen
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Karen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'll be doing it while getting ready because all my bridesmaids are out of town so some may not be able to attend the rehearsal. Plus I'll want it captured as well.
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We will likely give ours the night of the rehearsal dinner.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Since it’s just your bridesmaids at the bachelorette, you could do it then. Depending what it is, they might be able to use it before or for the wedding.

• Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm doing mine the night of the rehearsal because there are things in the bag I bought for them to get ready, and some of the girls will be getting ready with the groom (grooms-ladies), so I wanted to make sure they all have everything they need. Our rehearsal dinner is just bridal party, so we won't be excluding anyone and that way, they can store the rest of the gift away for later.

If you're giving them something for the day-of, then I would do it closer to the wedding to make sure they don't forget them. Otherwise, I would say whenever you'd like is a good time. Your bachelorette sounds fun! Enjoy!

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We did the day of the wedding as it made it easy for pictures and if they wanted to use any of the fragrances. Perfune samples for MOHs and cologne sets to BM BEST MEN.
  • Raphaela
    Raphaela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Smiley smile I just think morning of is traditional and I might do it then but than again I’m not that much of a traditional person haha. I’ll have to think on it more.
  • Raphaela
    Raphaela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It is just bridesmaids at my bachelorette. The 4 of us are spending 2 days in Canmore.
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I vote for the morning of. The bachelorette might have guests that aren’t in your wedding party, AND people sometimes drink a lot at bachelorette parties and could misplace things.
  • Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It would only be weird/awkward to give them at your bachelorette if there's other guests that are not in your wedding party attending. If there are other guests, don't give it to them then to avoid the awkwardness. If it's just your bridesmaids then go for it!

• Audrey
    Curious August 2019 New Brunswick
    Audrey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I was one of the bridesmaid for my bestfriend's wedding and she gave us a gift the morning of the wedding, just before getting ready. I don't think it would be weird at your bachelorette. Anytime you feel it is the right time.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics