Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Danielle
Curious July 2021 Ontario

Gifts for bridal party/parents

Danielle, on January 23, 2020 at 09:26 Posted in Before the wedding 0 7

Hey everyone, though my fiancé and I are getting gifts for our bridal party, is it necessary/expected that parents of the bride and groom get gifts as well? If yes, what kinds of things did you get for the parents? On that note, what things did you all get for your bridesmaids & groomsmen?

7 Comments

Latest activity by Nelly, on January 26, 2020 at 12:35
  • Nelly
    Devoted October 2021 Ontario
    Nelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are getting our parents, grandparents, ring boys, flower girls and bridal party Lladro figurines
  • Amanda
    Curious July 2022 Manitoba
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I thought it would be nice to get my girls earrings from where my engagement ring and wedding band are from. I spent $40 at Michael Hill, I'll add a small bottle of champagne & card.
    I will definitely buy robes and slippers for the hotel, along with other goodies..I still have time for the wedding treats. Smiley smile
  • Jamie
    Frequent user June 2022 British Columbia
    Jamie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I will be just getting my dad a little patch to put on the inside of his tie he's wearing for the wedding with a cute little phrase on it. My mum and my Fiance's mum, I will get them each a piece of jewelry with a card. As for his dad, I have no idea? I might not get him anything? lol

For my bridesmaids, I will get them a nice piece of jewelry and a small handmade beauty product gift set (the company is called "Beth and Olivia") For my Fiance's groomsmen, probably just a engraved flask or personalized growler with some beer

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Were not doing parental gifts as were strapped for cash. but for my wedding party i bought them jewelry plates and some nail polish

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're getting each of our moms a piece of jewelry and writing cards to go with them. I've seen some cute tree themed necklaces with a "thanks for adding me to your family tree" kind of message. I've also debated getting hankies embroidered with moms favorite Robert Munsch quote from "I love you Forever"

I'm stumped on the dad gifts. Our dads are very different, his dad loves beer mine is a book worm. His plays hockey mine watches BBC crime dramas.
  • Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am going to give the parents photo frames with quotes on them catered to each person.

For my dad " Out of all our walks, this one is my favorite" and then when we get our photos I will give him one of us walking down the aisle.

For my mom - similar to Tori's jewelry quote!

Neither of my parents are accessory people but they love displaying photos!

As for the wedding party, we are paying for the suits, dresses, hair, make ups etc so probably no formal gift. I am going to put together a little box with a robe and face mask and tissues etc to give them the night before as we are having a slumber party!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Not expected - at least not by our parents when we gave them gifts and they were so caught off guard!

For the Dad's we got them the same thing as the GM:

Gifts for bridal party/parents 1

Wind up pocket watches with their initials engraved on the front.

And then for the Moms:

Gifts for bridal party/parents 2

Earrings and necklace set with customized note on the packaging Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics