Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Viktoria
Newbie December 2021 Ontario

Gifts

Viktoria, on April 29, 2020 at 13:07 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 14

How do i nicely write on the wedding website that we don't need gifts. If people want to bring something money is better

14 Comments

Latest activity by John, on March 16, 2023 at 05:20
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is what i wrote for all of my guests that i will be putting in the invitations Smiley smile

"We don’t have a gift list for all of you to see.

As we have everything we need in our home.

Your presence at our wedding is a gift by itself.

If you desire to give nonetheless,

A monetary gift is one we suggest."

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I just wouldnt register anywhere. i feel like no one brings boxed gifts anymore. my family hasnt brought boxed gifts in years

• Savannah
    Frequent user April 2020 Ontario
    Savannah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We made a wedding registry, but gave our guests the option of purchasing a gift or giving money. We made the registry since there's some people that just feel like a gift is more sentimental and know some people would just prefer to buy items for shower gifts etc. We made a section on our Wedding website with information for our registry with the link etc and just said:

While your attendance alone is what we request, if you wish to buy us a gift then we have a small list at (insert registry name & link) however monetary contributions towards our honeymoon and planning our future together would also be greatly appreciated.

We just googled some ways to pretty much say we would prefer money lol. Hope this is helpful! Smiley smile

• Vanessa
    Devoted December 2021 Ontario
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Nowadays, I think most people are just wanting monetary gifts so not registering anywhere is a great start and to be honest, I think everyone is just excepting to see that now.

Adding a cute little note to the website would work as well - something like this will let the guests know that once you have purchase something, you will thank them afterwards!

• Cindy
    Frequent user May 2021 Alberta
    Cindy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We bought a house last year and have too much stuff combined already. We are doing a lot of upgrading and adding to our house so we did these which we will add in with the invitations.

Gifts 1

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I like some of the poems that I saw;

Gifts 2For a honeymoon fund ^

Gifts 3When you've been living together already ^

Gifts 4Just because ^

• Naomi
    Newbie August 2021 Ontario
    Naomi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Here is what I put on my wedding website.. “Your presence at our wedding is all that we wish for. However, if you want to give a gift, a cash contribution towards planning our future would be greatly appreciated.”

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The phrase posted got easily posted with finishing...…..
    is what I have seen on many Indian wedding invitations as simple as it goes. It eliminates the process of going gift shopping and easily having a money box at the Gift table as the main thing to see.
    Another phrase related is Monetary Gift appreciated.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The phrase NO BOXED GIFTS
  • Noëlle
    Newbie September 2022 Quebec
    Noëlle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I know some people that asked for money but for something specific like kitchen renovation or for the honey moon. That way guests will feel like they are contributing to something.

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Generally if you don't register people will assume that you want cash. And then if anyone asks you can let them know that you're saving up for XYZ and help with that would be more appreciated than something from a store. Having something in mind like a down payment, a trip, or a renovation can make people feel like they're contributing to your marriage and not just your wallet.

If you really want a line on the website you can put something like "in lieu of gifts we would appreciate your help saving up for XYZ"
  • J
    Newbie September 2020 Ontario
    Jenna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is what I put on mine!

"Instead of traditional gift items, we would greatly appreciate cash gifts to help us pay for our love of travel and our future home!"

• Gloria
    Expert October 2022 Ontario
    Gloria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    What Anna said. Or you can do your registry for your bridal party only and take it down for your wedding
  • A
    Frequent user August 2020 Ontario
    Anna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Just don't register.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics