Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Melissa
Devoted November 2017 Ontario

Gift registry info

Melissa, on July 23, 2017 at 13:52 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 10

Hello Brides and Grooms!Smiley ring

Ethical question here! Do you include your registry information with your wedding invitations or not?

Also, we have both lived on our own and have the household necessities, so our registry is small for the size of our wedding, what's a good way to ask for gift cards and cash?

Thanks!

10 Comments

Latest activity by Jenn, on July 27, 2017 at 23:02
  • Jenn
    Frequent user September 2018 Ontario
    Jenn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    A really neat website I found is honeyfund.com. It's a free online registry for your honeymoon. Gives guests a way to give you a gift rather than just writing a cheque. It's really an interesting and fun idea. Should look into it Smiley smile
  • Alexa
    Devoted July 2018 Alberta
    Alexa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I was thinking doing something like this 'if you were thinking of giving a gift to help us on our way, a gift of cash towards our future would really brighten our day. However if you prefer to purchase a gift, feel free to surprise us in your own way'
  • Vanessa
    Expert August 2018 Manitoba
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

When I went looking at creating a wedding registry bed, bath and beyond they give out cards to include with your invitations. But the bad thing about bed, bath and beyond they will only let you come in 6 months in advance to create one. The girl I dealt with in Winnipeg was rude to me. For weddings I believe on the wedding invitations they just put presentation on them which indicate money I believe politely.

• Laura
    Frequent user August 2018 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We live in a condo so I won't be registering anywhere. We never put anything about gifts at all on the wedding invitation, it's usually a given that it's a monetary gift for that day. For the wedding shower, we are putting "monetary gifts are appreciated" as a way of letting everyone know that I am not registered anywhere.

• Ashley
    Super June 2018 Alberta
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I didn't add it with my invitations, but did make note on our wedding website. If we get gifts we get gifts. But we did make note that a wishing well will be in place.

• Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would never never ask for money ever, or put registry information on invites. Shower invites registies can be included, but on wedding invites no. That's just my opinion, bit wedding day is not the time to fundraise. Most guests will know to give enough to cover their plate and a bit more.
  • B
    Super August 2017 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Sorry it's .com but you'll find it Hahah it's a good site
  • Sasha
    Super October 2017 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are in the same boat as you. We just purchased a new home so we already have everything we need. We want to do a lot of travelling in the future so we are asking for giftcards. On our website's registry page we wrote "Although we do not expect gifts, should you be inclined to contribute to our registry we would greatly appreciate travel giftcards from Trip Central as we are hoping to do some travelling as newlyweds."
    And we provided info on how to purchase the giftcard s if they so choose. So far his parents and another member of my family commended us for how well we worded it so I'm relieved as we were a little worried! Hope this helps a bit!
  • Melissa
    Devoted November 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you!! I'll look into myregistry.ca! I had never heard of that before!!
  • B
    Super August 2017 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You can set up a cash fun at myregistry.ca. You can put your registry info on save the dates or your wedding website if you have one. I heard it was rude to put it on the invites but who knows these days

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics