Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jennifer
Super August 2018 Alberta

Gift Ideas

Jennifer, on July 11, 2018 at 23:35 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 10
Looking for gift ideas for our moms. My fiancé picked out great gifts for our dads and I feel pressure to find something for our moms but haven’t really found anything I liked or think they’d actually use.
Preferably not something online since our wedding is next month and I don’t want to risk it not being here in time or jewelry as they’re both sensitive to certain things and have allergies.
What did you/ are you giving for mother of the bride and groom gifts? I don’t want to be rude and not give them anything since the men got gifts but I don’t want something that’ll go to waste. Smiley winking

10 Comments

Latest activity by Erin, on July 12, 2018 at 14:39
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You're welcome! You could also get it monogrammed with their initials or something to personalize it.

• Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes I love those ones, from bath and body works right? One loves candles and one loves perfume so that’s a great place to look too thanks!
    I thought about those handkerchiefs! I had them saved on my Etsy but couldn’t commit to them for some reason lol I must be overthinking it!
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I got my mother in law two really nice aromatherapy lotions. One is called 'comfort' and the other one is 'stress relief'. I made a joke to her how she needs pampering after dealing with us! It seemed to go over well.

I got my mom a personalized handkerchief as she's a cry baby Smiley heart

• Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s actually a great idea! Something I could see them using, thanks!
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You could get them some beautiful pashminas or shawls in their favourite colour.

• M
    Devoted August 2018 Ontario
    Megis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It's also handy if you have a friend who's into craft work
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Awe that’s so sweet! I’d definitely like something custom/ personalized! I wish I was more creative Smiley winking
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    When his uncle got married he gave the guys personalized belt buckles and his dad still wears it everyday so my fiancé got all of them personalized belt buckles. My stepdad isn’t country lol but he was still very touched to be included. He gave the dads theirs for Father’s Day and all the GM have theirs already so they could get belts that fit them for the wedding day. So now I want something for the moms as a keepsake but have not for the life of me been able to think of anything!
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm doing a pandora charm for my FMIL!

She collects them and has 2 bracelets almost full! So I for sure wanted to add to the collection as the new member of the family!

Not sure about my mother yet.... I'm sure it'll be something Harry Potter though ahaha!

What did you guys decide on for the dads?

• M
    Devoted August 2018 Ontario
    Megis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I made a wood jewelry box with wood burning art. Also made a custom designed greeting card for her.

Find out likes and interests for the mom gifts. If you have Amazon prime they frequently offer fast delivery. Otherwise shop around at the mall or craft sales. Custom gifts are a great way to personalize.

Gift Ideas 1

Gift Ideas 2

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics