Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Courtney
Newbie May 2018 Ontario

Gift for the Groom's sister?

Courtney, on March 12, 2018 at 14:12 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 6

Did anyone give a special gift to the Groom's sister? I have a very good relationship with her, she was 13 when I came around so after 7 years she sort of grew up with me being a part of the family. She only grew up with her brother in her early years. She considers me a sister, as do I, but the wedding sort of makes it official so I wanted to do something special for her.

Has anyone else done something a little extra for their soon-to-be sister in-laws? If so, what did you do?

** I should note, she is in my bridal party along with my sister (MoH) and a few others.

Thanks!

6 Comments

Latest activity by Bianca, on March 12, 2018 at 15:42
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You could always get her a special piece of jewelry or something else that she can cherish for a long time.

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's a cute idea then Smiley smile I'm sure she'd really appreciate it.

You could, instead of a gift, give her a little coupon or something that says something like:

"A lunch for two sisters! (officially)." Its always nice spending time with people.

• Courtney
    Newbie May 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I really like the idea of a bag of some sort. Even for the whole party, so thank you!

• Courtney
    Newbie May 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes, I intended to give my whole bridal party a gift along with a little something extra for her. It doesn't have to be extravagant, just something to make her feel extra special. She's much younger than the rest of my girls and I'm always looking out for her so I guess this is my way of making sure she knows she's important to me?

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm not close with my FSIL, so I'm not giving her a gift. But I think it can be a really great idea, although it might be coupled with the bridal party gifts if she's already in your bridal party?

• Kristine
    Frequent user October 2017 Ontario
    Kristine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would say having her in your bridal party is your special gift.

My SIL was in my wedding party as MOH (I'm an only child) since family is a big thing for my DH and I.

I did give her an extra something since she was MOH and SIL. I got a monogrammed over night bag in Disney print with her name on it. I gave it to her the morning of the wedding when it was just the two of us, and she immediately switched out her day of items from the bag she brought to this one.. it was sweet!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics