Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Melissa
Frequent user November 2019 Ontario

Gift exchange on your wedding day?

Melissa, on February 6, 2018 at 10:38 Posted in Before the wedding 0 34

For all the future bride's out there, do you plan on exchanging gifts with your FH on your wedding day? For those who are married, if you did exchange gifts, any ideas/suggestions on what I could get my FH?

34 Comments

Latest activity by Kris, on February 20, 2018 at 14:52
  • Kris
    Frequent user June 2018 British Columbia
    Kris ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I like your thinking! A win-win!

• Melissa
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeah! That way it's fun for us and a nice gift they can look at down the road when we aren't in our prime years anymore haha

• Kris
    Kris ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Haha, I know, right! Though, going with the picture idea you still are Smiley smile I am leaning towards that idea too.

• Melissa
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is how I found out too Kris, someone asked me what I was getting for the wedding day gift.. up until then, I had no idea.. I thought I was the gift! lol

• Kris
    Kris ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I never thought about wedding gifts to each other...hmmm, gonna add that to the list Smiley smile

• Melissa
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes! I love this idea Sydney! This is my number one option right now!

• Melissa
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Haha a very good point Victoria! I might have to see where I am at that point as well!

• Sydney
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Sydney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I really want to do a classy boudoir photo session, and have a little black book of the photos to give him as a gift. Obviously it would be for his eyes only! Maybe give it to his Best Man to give to him the morning of the wedding with a little note that says open in private!

• Victoria
    Expert November 2019 Ontario
    Victoria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I dont think so? Prob depends how broke we are... lol

• Jackie
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Jackie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    No I don’t think we will be doing any kind of gift exchange. Spent enough money on the wedding and the honeymoon, don’ t need anything else.
  • Melissa
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes, I would prefer to do something like that! Maybe I should think about doing our rehearsal dinner the week before as you did. We were going to do it the night before the wedding.

• Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We were at home by ourselves after the dinner when we exchanged gifts, I didn't want to do it in front of everyone...we had enough attention on us already so we made ourselves a private moment.

• Melissa
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I love this idea! Would definitely like to see his face during the gift exchange, however, I would have to find a private moment with him which is probably unlikely.

• Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We exchanged gifts after our rehearsal dinner (the Thursday before our wedding). I wanted to see his reaction to the gift I got him.

• Melissa
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is a really cute idea! Thank you Candace

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are going to exchange gifts the morning of the wedding. If you are familiar with the sort of "game" I guess you could call it associated with the Smirnoff Ice coolers, I am giving one to my fiance prior to the ceremony.

If you are not familiar it goes as follows: if you find a smirnoff ice cooler (or given it in a way that surprises you) then you are supposed to get down on one knee, put one hand behind your head, and chug it!

My fiance and I as well as most of our friends all love playing this prank/game on each other at get togethers so this will be my gift to him to help him calm his "pre ceremony jitters" lol. It's going to be great!

• Melissa
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Vinod, that's a great idea. Thank you!

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Given the fact there is a lot giving out to the wedding party, why not wait save on the gift for the first anniversary. That would make it special.
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We haven’t discussed if we’re doing gifts or not. Doubtful since he’s a difficult person to shop for lol
  • Melissa
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thank you Courtney! I think I'm going to do a combination of your idea and another bride!

• Melissa
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Maya, so sorry to hear that, I'm happy to know that you have a kind man by your side. I think he'll really appreciate your letter. Thank you for your input.

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're not doing gifts really. HOWEVER, I wanted to write him a meaningful note/letter cause as much as I'll be saying vows to him, there's some stuff that's really for him to hear only.

• Maya
    Expert January 2019 Alberta
    Maya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    For me I am planning on getting my FH a gift, but it’s because our wedding is to celebrate our daughter who I misscarried back last year July. My FH was amazing through the whole thing and he would do anything for me. I am planning on writing him a letter for him to read as he’s getting ready. I am still unsure about the gift, but I’m sure I will find something.
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I wish you the best of luck! Stubborn men are difficult lol

• Rekramer
    Expert November 2018 Ontario
    Rekramer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    No gifts. We’re spending a lot on our wedding and there’s lots of little purchases going with that.
  • Melissa
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Good to know! I'll keep working on trying to convince him! I'm sure as we start spending more and more money he may eventually come around!

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I didn't know I needed this thread until I read it - Thank you Smiley heart

I was worried about trying to find something meaningful without breaking the bank. The option of not doing any gifts and putting that money aside for the honeymoon is perfect!!

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    My husband is the same but I told him that we have more than enough things and we were spending more than enough money already. Slowly he was convinced that we could get something on our honeymoon that we could keep forever and would mean more.

• Melissa
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes, a limit will definitely have to be put in place! We don't need to be spending any more money than planned but I would like to give him something to open as we are not spending the night with each other.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are not doing this: the wedding is gift enough! I would suggest setting a spending limit though. Some friends that have done it have gone all out, bought really expensive watches or jewelry.

• Melissa
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's a great idea! I was thinking to save that for our 1 year anniversary but I could just use that as the wedding day gift! Thanks Jamie

• Melissa
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I'm worried because I know he'll get me something small regardless of what was previously discussed. He's stubborn!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics