Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Dani
Frequent user February 2018 British Columbia

Getting to and from the venue

Dani, on September 18, 2017 at 14:16 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 14

This may seem like an odd question but as I am the first of my group of friends to get married, I don't have a lot of experience with weddings.

My maids, my mom, my mother-in-law to be, and I will be getting ready together at my moms house with hair and make up. My fiance and his groomsmen will probably be getting ready at his parents house.

We are trying to figure out the best way to get to and from the wedding venue (ceremony and reception are in the same place). Does anyone have any recommendations? Originally I was thinking taking a limo to the venue so we can all show up together (or could be split, guys in one and gals in another) but then thinking about how we are all getting back as my fiance and I might go to a hotel or wherever we are going to go following the reception.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!!

14 Comments

Latest activity by Dani, on September 20, 2017 at 12:53
  • Dani
    Dani ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I really like that idea too. I really appreciate the input, it really helps me out Smiley smile

• Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I just had 2 bridesmaids and 2 groomsmen drive full cars over to our venue! We had already spent sooooooooo much money on big buses to get our guests to and from our wedding and I didn't want to pay for an additional car rental just for us!

Also the buses would take our wedding party back to their hotels after the reception and we were staying on property that night.

• Becca
    Curious October 2019 Ontario
    Becca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm taking a limo with my mum, mother in law and bridesmaids, so I talked to a few close family members and friends (parents, grandparents, husbands of bridesmaids etc) and arranged rides home for everyone in the bridal party. And then my FH and his guys are all just driving there, so we can drive his car home in the morning. (The hotel is walking distance to the venue.)

If you dont want to get a limo, i think Keys to Us is perfect for wedding situations! Smiley smile

• Dani
    Dani ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thats a good idea too. I like that. Thanks!!

• Dani
    Dani ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm with you on that. It doesn't have to be glamorous and we too are definitely not made of money. Thanks, I'm going to ask some members of our parties if they want to carpool or drive themselves Smiley smile

• Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're in the same boat. I have a limo for myself and the girls to get to the venue and my fiance and I have a town car to get home. He'll probably drive out there with his dad before the ceremony.

My parents got a shuttle for a group of people coming in from the city (we're getting married about 40 minutes outside of the city).

• Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm getting a ride and my fiancé will be bringing his car. Everyone is taking their own vehicles. It's cost effective and people won't drink unless they have someone else to drive. Not very glamorous but we're not made of money.

• Ashley
    Super June 2018 Alberta
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm having to take 2 cars to.

• Dani
    Dani ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I could try, that would make my wallet happier haha. Its just 7 people including myself for the gals so it would take 2 cars. I'll ask around for sure

• Ashley
    Super June 2018 Alberta
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Limos are too expensive. Maybe look into a DD for the night.

• Dani
    Dani ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks! I'm thinking that might be our best plan too.

• Ashley
    Super June 2018 Alberta
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are getting rides there, and rides back for bridal party. My fiancé and I are going to be going to a hotel close by. Smiley smile

• Dani
    Dani ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Its tough, I don't think we will be staying at a hotel and there isn't one right close by our venue Smiley sad Thats really smart for your wedding though and sounds like an awesome plan!

• Ashley
    Expert March 2018 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had the same dilemma, I am getting ready at my parent's house with my mum and my BMs. My FH and his guys have decided to get ready in the hotel room that we will be using the night of the wedding. We are going to request early checkin. That way we only have to worry about us girls needing transportation to the venue. Our hotel is in the same parking lot as our venue! You will also have to think about how you and your new hubby will get home the next morning too!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics