Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Candace
VIP May 2019 Ontario

Getting ready timeline

Candace, on March 8, 2018 at 15:25 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 8

How long did it take everyone to get ready? I am getting my hair and makeup done and not sure what the timeline for getting ready is roughly

8 Comments

Latest activity by Erin, on March 9, 2018 at 14:42
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My hair and makeup ladies both asked me what time my ceremony was and what time I expected to be in my dress and how many people they would be working on.

Our ceremony was at 4pm and I wanted to be in dress by 3:30.

My hair lady showed up at 9a.m (4 girls, 2 of which had long hair and 1 whose hair was curly and long) and my makeup lady showed up at noon. We were all done by about 2-2:30 and I had time to help my girls and mum get dressed before they helped me.

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Its amazing how early you need to start for weddings! My hair girl and make up girl both said they like to have about 45 minutes - 1 hour per girl. So I have 5 people getting ready so I've alloted 5 hours.

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ok, so I am realizing that it will take much longer then I thought it would, thanks everyone!
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My hair and makeup will be coming for around 7am and that is for 7 girls and we should be done by 1pm and to the ceremony for 2pm. 😊
  • Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have 5 bridesmaids, 2 moms and myself who are all getting hair and make-up done and only one makeup artist and one hair stylist). We are starting at 7am and will be ready for 11:00am, so about 30 minutes per girl on both hair and make-up (1 hour total).

• Laura
    Frequent user October 2018 British Columbia
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My hair/makeup artist recommended starting at 7:30-8am to be ready around 11:30 for 5 of us. There will be one makeup artist and one hair stylist. Do you have your vendor booked yet? They should be able to give you an approximate timeline - though I would recommend adding a 30 min-1 hour buffer window just in case someone runs longer than expected.

• Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

How many ppl will be getting hair and make up done professionally? The one I booked said about 1 hr for each of my bridesmaids and probably 1.5 hrs for myself. But she has allotted extra time in case something goes wrong (we don't like the hair style, don't like the make up) then she's not worried about rushing.

• Audrey
    Curious August 2019 New Brunswick
    Audrey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    For my best friend's wedding, we were 5 who needed To get ready. She had an hairdresser and a makeup artist. The hairdresser arrived home at 8h and she stayed until noon. By noon we were all ready.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics