Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Stefanie
Devoted August 2021 Saskatchewan

Getting ready outfits, yes or no?

Stefanie, on March 4, 2021 at 11:05 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 16
Is anyone not doing getting ready outfits for your bridal party? I cannot decide! Are you doing them or not?

16 Comments

Latest activity by Stefanie, on March 6, 2021 at 23:30
  • Stefanie
    Devoted August 2021 Saskatchewan
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks for the input everyone! I think because I am gifting them all hair/makeup and great cold mugs (we all love our iced coffees lol!) I am going to skip it. I'm just going to make sure they are aware to wear something that works well for removal because of hair being done. That would at everyone can wear what they feel most comfortable in. I may get myself something (for personal photo op purposes and so I have no lines for my open back)
  • C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Definitely not!! I know none of them would want the same thing and my MOH has about 5 she's never even considered wearing again. I've never had that in the wedding parties I was in either. I opted to spend money on thoughtful gifts that each member of my bridal party would reuse. I'm not worried about the photos - I'd rather them and ourselves look natural than staged and gimmicky as someone else said as well.
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Me too. I'm hoping I can find a really long one since I'm very tall
  • Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I would much rather have a big warm housecoat than a small silky one. So much more practical!
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I was thinking of getting matching robes for me and my MOH but not the pretty flowery silk ones. It'll be winter I was thinking of getting thick warm cozy type of hosuecoats lol it would definitely be more our personalities
  • Niki
    Frequent user August 2021 Ontario
    Niki ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am not - I just got a bridal robe that I will be wearing myself while getting ready. I don't really care for the posed getting ready pictures with my bridesmaids- I like the natural pictures, then the posed ones will come after once everyone is in their dressesSmiley smile

• Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If I was ever was a bridesmaid again I wouldn’t want one. I find that things like matching outfits are pretty gimmicky and will probably just be worn the one time. So for that reason I think it’s wasteful, as are a lot of wedding themed (or any event really) items. But if your bridesmaids really want them and think they’ll use them a lot it might not be a bad idea.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Everyone in my fiancee's party has been a bridesmaid at some point in their lives and were gifted robes that were never worn outside of that wedding day. So even though they all look different, they're wearing them anyway rather than spending money on a new matching set.

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I asked my bridesmaids of they wanted them and they said no. We already have robes from other weddings and as souvenirs from trips and they don't get worn often.

We also didn't have a lot of photos of us getting ready. Since the photographer couldn't come to the salon we asked her to show up a few minutes before I put on the dress. I bought myself a new robe for the occasion, but the girls were dressed by then!
    Getting ready outfits, yes or no? 1

• Cindy
    Frequent user May 2021 Alberta
    Cindy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Are you having photos done while getting ready or is this just for fun? If yes to photos, then it might be fun to match.

I will not be doing them because 1)I am not doing getting ready photos and 2) I have a different gift for my ladies.

• Kristen
    Devoted May 2021 British Columbia
    Kristen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We all have silk robes! seems to be the popular way to go!

• Sara
    Frequent user August 2021 Ontario
    Sara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm going to do silk robes! Not only because I figure it'll be nice to include in a bridesmaid gift, but because robes/button downs are easiest to change out of after getting hair and makeup done.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am! My MOH and I are wearing robes to get ready

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I dont feel like they are needed but they do make pictures look more cohesive. I wasn't sure if I was going to get anything but then I found a really good deal on bridesmaid robes so I got them. Someone on YouTube got her bridesmaids matching pajamas and I thought that was super cute and I wish I could do that but I already bought the robes!
  • Gloria
    Expert October 2022 Ontario
    Gloria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yep. Got my girls robes.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yes we did do Getting ready outfits as our families do put each clothing on part of the photoshoot before the ceremony. Its something you will remember and have all the time with your parents and siblings for nice pictures alone.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics