Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Petticrew
Beginner July 2019 Ontario

Getting ready - flannel shirts

Petticrew, on July 3, 2018 at 19:40 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 9
Hi ladies,
I am thinking I want to do flannel plaid shirts for the girls to get ready in the day of. Probably have bridesmaid/maid of honour on the backs.
Has anyone found any good Canadian sites for this type of clothing? That aren’t to expensive?
look forward you peoples reply’s 😊
Britt

9 Comments

Latest activity by Leanne, on July 4, 2018 at 14:47
  • Leanne
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Leanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

When doing something like this I actually found it cheaper to buy shirts and then take it to a store that does vinyl lettering.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think you just need to keep an eye out of shirts to go on sale and then bring them to a place that can either silk screen or stitch them.

• Jennifer
    Frequent user February 2024 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love this idea! I was thinking I don't want to do the expensive silk robes for getting ready but wasn't sure what else to do. I might have to steal your idea Smiley tongue
  • Tyanna
    Super June 2019 British Columbia
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm just gonna stock up on some when I find them on sale and get them silk screened locally! It's your best and cheapest option for sure Smiley smile
  • Jane
    Frequent user July 2018 British Columbia
    Jane ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I agree. I would find some you like on sale somewhere (Old Navy is a good option, lots of sizes and colours). And find a local silk screening or iron on place and go that route. I've takes shirts to Bang On (they do iron on) and they charged by the letter depending on font and size. I did a longer quote and it wasn't too expensive.
  • Sarah
    Frequent user July 2020 Nova Scotia
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If you just buy flannel shirts, and then take them to a sewing shop, most sewing machines, can do embroidery on the shirts, (and there are usually sewing groups who come in once a week so I’m sure they’d help) and it would probably only be $10 a shirt depending on how big you want the writing. Smiley smile
  • Rosalyn
    Devoted August 2018 Alberta
    Rosalyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I bought mine on Etsy! I ended up exchanging for robes since the shirts didn’t fit quite right!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/545009274/bridesmaid-flannel-plaid-robe-bridesmaid

One thing i will say - it says on their page that it’s made in Tennessee, but it’s actually made in India. Not the worst quality for what you pay. Cheaper than anyone I found locally
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree, finding a deal on plain flannel shirts, then getting them printed would most likely be cheaper. Anytime it's a wedding item, the prices seem to sky rocket...

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Your best bet would probably be to get flannel shirts and then take them to get the print done on somewhere else!
    You might have luck on etsy or Amazon! You might have some luck looking up PJs with the wording on it! PJs usually come in plaid versions!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics