Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

T
Curious September 2020 Alberta

Getting ready dilemma

Tabitha, on March 9, 2020 at 14:07 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 14
Hi all, I am wondering if you can help me with a dilemma. I have someone who will be doing my hair and make up, as well as my mom’s (and she is mobile and can meet wherever we need). However, I don’t have a place for us to get ready. I know it’s an expected thing for everyone to get ready together, but I kinda don’t care at this point. I have all these thoughts about should we rent a hotel room for both the BMs and GMs to get ready in for the sake of pictures (so the photographer is in one place taking these pics?). Or should I just tell the BMs to figure out their hair makeup on their own? Which leads me into thinking they can deal with their own transportation to each venue. But then will they all be at the designated time for ceremony, pictures and reception at the same time? Please help! I’m super frazzled.

14 Comments

Latest activity by Francesca, on March 12, 2020 at 08:13
  • Francesca
    Frequent user November 2020 Ontario
    Francesca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are all getting ready in my house. Our house isn't big, but I'm having all bridesmaids get ready in our dining room while my mom, MOH and myself get ready in my moms room. This way everyone kind of has space.

• T
    Tabitha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you so much!
  • T
    Tabitha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Wonderful. Thank you so much for your help!
  • T
    Tabitha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Great ideas. Thank you so much!
  • T
    Tabitha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks so much
  • T
    Tabitha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you for all your suggestions! So greatly appreciated!!
  • T
    Tabitha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you for your input!
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If the hair and makeup lady is only doing u and ur mom tell your BMs to meet you at your house fully ready an hour or so before youre ceremony and then all travel together to and from everywhere

• Beatriz
    Frequent user September 2020 Ontario
    Beatriz ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It will work out!

I got us rooms to get ready in, I think its fun to do the girly things together. Because I am getting married on site, I do not need to worry about transportation to the venue. I just told the girls to be at the venue at a certain time (way before hair and make up times) . We are also doing pictures on site so it kind of worked out.

If there is a hotel close to your venue I would suggest getting a room or like others have mentioned maybe getting all together at one of the bm's place anyone close to your venue? maybe they wouldn't mind?

Depending how big your party maybe you could save on transportation by just getting an uber? or have pre-scheduled taxis?

I think it all depends on what you want! If its overwhelming right now just sleep on it for a day or two and think about what you would like in the perfect world, and adjust depending on timing, distance, budget, etc etc. Do you care about getting ready with everyone else? maybe you just want some alone time before the big I do's! Its your day! If you don't care, I'm sure they will find a way! You really can't do it all. if its not your thing just communicate your expectations.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Your hotel rooms can be the getting ready place as you and your mom have the hair/make up artist does her work while the BMs can arrange their hairstylists. They choose to have their hair done, they can come earlier to the room and pay for their services. 2 hairstylists can be arranged as needed. Getting ready at home is your option and works better for you, than that is the answer you need to work towards. The Groom with his GM can also get ready in the other room so the pictures can be taken together as a group after your done.
  • Stefanie
    Devoted August 2020 Saskatchewan
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are all getting ready and going to the different locations together so that everyone makes it at the same time. The GM, dads, and FH are getting ready at our hotel suite the day of and the BM, grandmothers, moms, and myself are getting ready at our house. We paid for everyone to get their hair and makeup done on location but you don't have too. The other thing you can do is get a quote from both hair and makeup and let the girls know how much it would be if they are wanting to get everything done with you.

• Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would also second the idea to think of house options? Is there one near your venue that your ladies and yourself could gather at for getting ready?

My thoughts are that its nice to have everyone gathered before hand to get ready. This way you know everyone is there, and ready to go. And there are some nice before moments to be shared.

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would weigh whether the extra cost of hotel rooms is going to reduce stress or not.

It might be nice to have everyone there early so you don't need to worry about them being late, and if someone forgets something you're all together and can share/borrow (a BM in a wedding I was in forgot deodorant, another forgot toothpaste).
    People can meet at the hotel, share cars to the venues so you don't need to worry as much about transportation for everyone.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would say that if you want to avoid an extra price tag to just invite everybody over to whoevers house is closest to the venue/ is prettiest Smiley tongue But I for sure would try and get everybody together to get ready so that you get to spend the whole day with your wedding party.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics