Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sarah
Expert August 2021 British Columbia

Getting ready

Sarah, on April 1, 2018 at 15:17 Posted in Before the wedding 0 13
For those of you not getting ready at home or at a hotel how did you set the room up?The venue I like is an open hall and I will be setting it all up the night before for the reception.I’m wondering how I could go about making a special spot for getting ready?I will be getting photos of the dress hanging,hair,makeup etc.Would it be weird to bring a full length mirror and some curtains to dress a little nook in the hall?I am getting overwhelmed and I have 2 years to go 😂 this is a photo of the hall we are thinking about it has a weird little nook by the kitchen that I think might work 🤷🏻‍♀️

Getting ready 1

13 Comments

Latest activity by Sarah, on April 4, 2018 at 13:04
  • Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thank you everyone for all of the help.I have decided on a smaller venue 💜
  • Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I never even thought of doing that 🤦🏻‍♀️ that’s a great idea!I don’t think the backdrop will be too heavy as we are making it out of pvc pipes and curtains.Because we are taking our time and doing most of it ourselves the costs aren’t going to be too high and honestly I plan on selling 95% of the stuff when I’m done.
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm not doing anything special for the getting ready area. I want a few pictures of us getting ready but for the most part I want pictures of us already dressed up.

Is it a possibility to use your head table backdrop in the getting ready area first and then having someone move it to behind the head table? Some backdrops are easier to move than others, so not sure what yours is like. (I'm all for using the same decor in as many instances as possible to help save money!)

• Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s a good idea thank you 😊
  • Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s what I’m thinking 🤔 I have upped my drapery budget incase I need to create some room division lol. I’m not going to lie the price has me wanting to work miracles for this to work as our venue lol.
  • Alessia
    Frequent user June 2020 Ontario
    Alessia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Depends how you set it up! For 30, they may swim in it. Not going to lie. If you want to fill space do long tables instead. Even angle them to fill room. You may want to have extra tables around for other things as fillers.
  • Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Cute venue!

I would suggest finding another location to get ready in, or even going to a salon to do your getting ready in. The only reason I say that is because even if you set up a small spot in the hall, somone will need to be responsible for putting it all away and packing it up before your reception. If you have someone in mind who won't be involved in the wedding who can do that for you, your plan may work, but otherwise, thinking about alternatives may be the best option.

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hope all goes well! Btw I bet they have worked all sizes of groups and have suggestions of how to make it look with smaller crowds so it’s not to bare
  • Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    The venue includes a beautiful garden space that we want to get married at.They do not rent just the park it’s a package deal across the road. I’m viewing the venue on Friday so I’m hoping I either love it and can make it work or find something else thanks for your help 🙂
  • Becky
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Is the hall close the the cermoney place or is there a significance to it? You might want to find a smaller venue: but you can always make it work because as you said you have few diff things planned!
  • Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It might be possible to get ready at a friends but transportation will be an issue.The hall usually holds up to 185 😳 I can’t get over the screaming deal that this hall offers with a 3 day rental.We plan on having 6 round tables spread out for guests,photo booth back drop,head table possibly on the stage and 4 large rectangle tables for buffet and candy bar.
  • Becky
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    All depends on ur setup! You could have buffet one way and the dance floor, the head table and then how many tables you’re wanting. How big does this normally hold? It does look bigger but hard to tell by photos. Also, is there anywhere else like friends place u could get ready at? Just because think would be too much to set up station there for that
  • Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Also does this hall look too big for a small wedding of 30-75?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics