Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Newbie July 2020 Manitoba

Getting married on July 3rd, 2020

Sheila, on June 29, 2020 at 21:48 Posted in Manitoba 0 1
I decided to right here to send a bit of encouragements to all the couples not sure if they should cancel or postpone it.

We are getting married on July 3rd, 2020!! This was our original date. We did not know our wedding was going to happen until June 12, 2020 when the reopening phase 3 draft was unveiled. With the phase 3, outdoor gatherings went up to 100 and indoor events to 50 or 30% of capacity.Thankfully, our venue (the RBC Convention Centre) had a big room that could accomodate 150 guests (30% of the capacity seated in 3 groups of 50). Our initial guest list was around 200.For those looking for venues, take a look at the RBC Convention Centre. Their capacity is larger than most of venues in Winnipeg.However, the party will be different as we still have to follow social distancing and other health guidelines in place. To all the brides and grooms who still want to get married during this outbreak, don't expect to have everything you wanted. The most important thing is to still have your wedding and still keep your friends and family safe.Also, please support local businesses at much as you can. Most of them are willing to accomodate if there are any changes to your wedding organization. My flower vendor ( House of Silk), rentals (Spark Rentals and Spark Rentals) and my photographer and videographer (Freckler Photo and Lino Martinez) have been amazing to work with through this stressful process. Having understanding vendors is very helpful when managing constant changes.I will post some pictures after the wedding so you have a visual of our social distancing ceremony/reception. I wish every bride and groom here peace and good luck during your wedding preparations. Stay safe and have a great summer. Cheers!Sheila K.Getting married on July 3rd, 2020 1

1 Comment

Latest activity by Joey, on July 24, 2020 at 14:11
  • Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Sheila, how was your big day?! I hope it was full of love and encouragement and happiness Smiley heart

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics