Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner August 2021 Manitoba

Getting Married on Anniversary

Ashley, on February 20, 2020 at 07:17 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 17
Out of pure luck our 10 year anniversary will fall on a Saturday in the summer, and we’re getting married that day! We’ve been together since we were 17 & 18 ❤️

Any fun ideas from couples who have gotten married on their daunting anniversary?! I know not everyone pays attention to this date or cares to do this, but it’s something that’s worked out for us and we figured why not go with that date ☺️

17 Comments

Latest activity by Tyler-Kerry, on March 10, 2020 at 13:31
  • Tyler-Kerry
    Curious March 2024 New Brunswick
    Tyler-Kerry ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Were getting married 3 years to the day he proposed march 29 2020
  • Janaya
    Expert August 2019 Saskatchewan
    Janaya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is so special!! Smiley smile our dating anniversary is July 5th, but I wanted to be married in August so we did that instead hehe

• K
    Curious February 2022 Alberta
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are getting married on our 5th anniversary, January 9 2021, it worked out to be a saturday and I wanted a winter wedding so it was perfect.

• Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are also getting married on our dating anniversary. October 11th. It will have been 4 years.

• Amanda
    Devoted July 2020 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are getting married on our anniversary as well July 2nd Smiley smile.
  • Amanda
    Devoted July 2020 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Adorable, I love all your ideas! I hope you will post pictures of all these little details after you're married Smiley smile
  • Marissa
    Expert August 2019 Ontario
    Marissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    He proposed on our 7th anniversary and we got married on our 8th anniversary. We didn't do anything special except have the officiant mention it in our ceremony.
  • A
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I think that sounds awesome!
  • A
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks that’s great!
  • A
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I love that idea!! Such a clear but simple way of adding it in 😍 thanks!
  • A
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s still so exciting!! 😍
  • A
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Those are awesome ideas thanks so much!! I love the party accordingly sign!!!
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wow thats awesome! i would make a sign for your reception like "come celebrate our 10 year anniversary inside!" or have your welcome table have "10 years" all over it

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Its nice to get married on your Dating Anniversary. A nice to touch to add is putting pictures with dates on the bottom of it to show when you first met and got engaged/marriage day. It all depends on couples choosing to marry on a special occasion or a day that's available open.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Depending on the amount of tables - you could have a picture of the two of you for every year you have spent together? Which would mean you would either need only 9 or 10 tables? Me and my Husband will have been together for a total of 3 years this March so we weren't able to do this with us having 200 guests Smiley tongue

You could also name the tables inside jokes if you have enough of them? Or you could have things in multiples of 10's like how many strings of lights, or if you have 20 tables then maybe 10 of them are one centre piece and the other 10 are a different one?

• Taylor
    Beginner September 2021 Ontario
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don’t have any ideas yet but we’ll be getting married the day after our 5 year anniversary. I was hoping it would fall on a Saturday but no luck
  • Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're getting married on our 13th anniversary! So we've done some little details here and there to show that off. Like I've made a little sign to go by the bar that says "we've been waiting for this day for 4750 days...party accordingly", and all the table numbers are instead names of places where we spent each anniversary. Some other things won't be as obvious to guests but mean something to me and FH like our cake flavour will be the same flavour that I made for FH for his first birthday that we spent together, and there'll be some star paper confetti sprinkled on tables since we had our first kiss while star gazing on our first date. Just little things here and there.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics